Lumia 950 won't turn on

Anonymous
2016-01-06T11:59:15+00:00

After nearly two weeks my phone turned off with roughly 30% battery and it doesn't turn back on,recovery tool doesn't recognize it and when i plug it in to my pc or when i plug the charger nothing happens but it vibrates shortly every minute or so the whole time it's plugged in,is there any way i can get it back to life ? Thanks.

Windows for home | Other | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-03-12T23:09:39+00:00

    Keep it plugged with an USB cable and go to sleep. It should charge. If it doesn't, download the Windows Device Recovery Tool on your PC and use it to reset your phone.

    I tried and as you have said, will try once again. Also, tried to connect with the Device recovery tool. Its not detecting the device. Should I try to change the battery and check again?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Pallav Chakraborty 1,360 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2017-03-12T07:16:02+00:00

    Keep it plugged with an USB cable and go to sleep. It should charge. If it doesn't, download the Windows Device Recovery Tool on your PC and use it to reset your phone.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-03-12T05:30:47+00:00

    Ooookay, now I found a solution. When I tried charging via USB from the PC, the phone came back to life. Some would think that this means that the AC charger is broken, but after coming back to life the AC charger can continue the charging proces. 

    Reason I even tried the USB approach? I suddenly had the exact same problem with my 950XL that I had in my drawer (out of battery).

    Cheers

    Rene

    Hi.. Is it really working ?  My phone got switched off after the charge was down fully and when I came home and plugged in with the charger, it doesnt charge? the same problem as mentioned here. It vibrates once in a while but didnt charge. Then I tried with my laptop and USB cable, but the same problem. Then, I plugged into the AC Charger and slept for the night. But, it still doesn't get charged. I am literally heart broken.  Any suggestions?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  5. Anonymous
    2017-03-11T06:57:50+00:00

    I had the same problem. I thought it was the phone, then I thought it was the battery. Nothing seemed to solve the problem, and I seemed to try everything I could think of over a couple of day period. I repeatedly removed the battery and tried to restart the charging process. I found the problem was actually the charger that plugs into the wall and to which I plug in the usb charging cable. Once I got a new one of those, my battery and phone was miraculously fixed. The sign is that if the charger is working correctly, as soon as you plug in the phone into the usb cable, there should be enough power to power on and boot up windows. In theory, this is even true if the battery is completely discharged. If the phone is plugged into the recharging cable and you still can't start the phone, the problem is the phone isn't getting enough power. Then the real question is: Why is the phone not getting the power it needs to start up? Then the answer is the charging cable or charger isn't getting enough energy to the phone.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments