Lumia 950 won't turn on

Anonymous
2016-01-06T11:59:15+00:00

After nearly two weeks my phone turned off with roughly 30% battery and it doesn't turn back on,recovery tool doesn't recognize it and when i plug it in to my pc or when i plug the charger nothing happens but it vibrates shortly every minute or so the whole time it's plugged in,is there any way i can get it back to life ? Thanks.

Windows for home | Other | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-02-17T13:01:15+00:00

    my wife's 950 had the same problem last year, not only did it constantly turn off but also at time had a white cloudy screen like when the tv is on a no signal channel and sometime a buzzing sound. when the phone was under warranty i replaced the phone 2 times with AT&T before realizing its the battery. once we replaced the battery the phone work fine again, but the problem happened again with my wife's phone, so to no have her complain i gave her my battery which also had an issue of draining fast but not causing any shutting down issues or not turning on. now i am experiencing the issue shes been having now the phone does not want to turn on at all, i tried contact MS but of course they can help because the phone is out of warranty. what i think is the issue is the fast charging, if someone can confirm this maybe helpful. im into R/C cars and if you charge the lipo batteries at a higher rate than its recommended the n you will eventually destroy the battery, before the fast charging my L928 never had any issue other than the battery getting old and not holding a charge as it used to. i truly believe the issue is with the fast charging, it could be causing the battery issues, now i gotto spend $50 on a phone battery.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-01-15T19:27:09+00:00

    ok so my phone has died about an hour or so ago for no reason.currently have it plugged in and charging but usually vibrates or something shortly after.hasnt done a thing just a black screen with no response to anything I press or do.someone please help me as ive got this on contract and I'm just over a year through a 2 year contract.what is your game Microsoft?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-12-02T14:30:05+00:00

    I just experienced the same issue.  Feel asleep on the couch and woke-up to a dead phone; plugged it in and went to bed, but when I grabbed it in the morning it was still totally dead, vibrating every few minutes/seconds and I couldn't do anything with it.  I tried multiple charges, multiple cords, took the battery out for a bit, hard rest but nothing worked. 

    After reading this thread and a few others I took a last ditch effort and pulled out an old Nokia Qi charger that I was going to get rid of; sure enough it started charging and then after a few minutes it booted.  I'm going to wait a few more minutes till it goes to 10% then I'll try the wall outlet charger and my guess is that it should continue to charge. 

    Hope this helps.

    cS

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-10-08T23:34:52+00:00

    My 950 xl has the same problem have tried resetting it for over 3 hours no life in it at all, has been on charge for hours. Help

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-04-07T17:57:52+00:00

    Ooookay, now I found a solution. When I tried charging via USB from the PC, the phone came back to life. Some would think that this means that the AC charger is broken, but after coming back to life the AC charger can continue the charging proces. 

    Reason I even tried the USB approach? I suddenly had the exact same problem with my 950XL that I had in my drawer (out of battery).

    Cheers

    Rene

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments