Asus Transformer Book t100 Webcam not working

Anonymous
2014-12-23T00:16:35+00:00

I recently performed a clean boot of windows and it upgraded my PC to windows 8.1. Unfortunately, it deleted some of my driver software. I was able to recover most of it, but I can't seem to find the software for my webcam. I click the camera app and it says, "to get started, connect a camera". I assume it is because there is no driver software for it. Can anyone tell me where I can download the software, or if that is not why my webcam isn't working, can anyone tell me how to fix it in general?

Forgot to mention the integrated camera's light is on, so I really need to figure out how to access my webcam so I can turn it off. I've placed tape over it to cover it for now, but I need to turn it off somehow.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-02-16T15:46:14+00:00

I had exactly this, and eventually managed to fix it by rolling back to a *previous* driver. 

Control Panel > Device Manager > Imaging devices

Right clicked on Intel Imaging Signal Processor 2400 and selected Properties

Under the 'Driver' tab, clicked 'Roll Back Driver'

Restarted and it found the camera.

Frustrating when newer drivers actually work less well than the old ones...

Was this answer helpful?

40+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-12-23T13:55:05+00:00

Andre,

I had that problem while trying to fix an external audio problem and thought Micosoft wanted to see what was going on hi. I had to press the power button to turn it off. Good luck!

Ham123

Was this answer helpful?

5 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

38 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-01-24T18:24:49+00:00

    GO TO DEVICE MANGER AND THEN SYSTEM DEVICE THEN UPDATE THE CAMERA SENSOR DERIVER HOPE THIS WILL HELP

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-12-14T20:59:36+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments