You appear to be looking at the Microsoft Storage Spaces Controller.
Is there an entry for the Intel storage controller?
It may look something like the following:
Intel(R) 7 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller
If the Intel controller is not under the Storage controllers category try under the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers category.
CD drive stopped working on samsung laptop with windows 8.1
I have a Samsung np350v5c laptop and have always been able to use the cd/dvd drive. I have been on windows 8.1 for a while but have noticed over the last month that the cd drive does not work anymore. If you enter a cd it doesn't recognise it, the d drive doesn't appear in windows explorer etc. From browsing this forum I found a solution in 2012 to change registry by adding
reg.exe add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Controller0" /f /v EnumDevice1 /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001
to cmd prompt which I did and rebooted. Initially the d drive reappeared, I left the laptop in sleep mode overnight but when I opened it up the d drive had disappeared again.
Under device manager it says the drive is ST1000LM024_HN-M101MBB. I have tried uninstalling the driver and reinstalling, updating (says up to date) but no joy.
My partner has the exact same laptop so I checked his and his cd drive isn't working either so it must be a conflict between with windows 8.1 and not a failing cd drive.
Does anyone have any new ideas please?
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
45 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2015-03-07T12:44:19+00:00 -
Anonymous
2015-03-07T12:15:23+00:00 You appear to be looking at the Microsoft Storage Spaces Controller.
Is there an entry for the Intel storage controller?
It may look something like the following:
Intel(R) 7 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller
If the Intel controller is not under the Storage controllers category try under the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers category.
-
Anonymous
2015-03-07T12:04:32+00:00 There seems to be some subtle difference in the Hardware ID in the .inf file of the driver so that may be why you get that error.
Can you confirm the following:
Can you locate an Intel Storage Controller (under IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers or Storage controllers) in the Device Manager and right-click the device > Properties > Details, then choose "Hardware Ids" from the drop-down menu under "Property".
What is listed under "Value"?
Hi
It states "Root\Spaceport"
thanks
-
Anonymous
2015-03-06T23:38:40+00:00 There seems to be some subtle difference in the Hardware ID in the .inf file of the driver so that may be why you get that error.
Can you confirm the following:
Can you locate an Intel Storage Controller (under IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers or Storage controllers) in the Device Manager and right-click the device > Properties > Details, then choose "Hardware Ids" from the drop-down menu under "Property".
What is listed under "Value"?
-
Anonymous
2015-03-06T23:01:15+00:00 Version 9.3.0.1020 should have Windows 8 support but you could leave 9.3.0.1021 installed.
Then install the following storage driver:
Hi
I have kept 9.3.0.1021 and tried again to download the driver you suggested today and previously but still getting the message that I reported the other day,
when I run the driver I get this error message
"The setup program ended prematurely because of the following error:
This platform is not supported."
Any ideas?
thanks