bsod kernal power failure bugcheck code 159

Anonymous
2015-05-16T16:40:34+00:00

Hope someone can help caught a blue screen this morning . I have a ASUS laptop Model g73jw.  this is the info from the crash Can Someone Please help

MIke

Log Name:      System

Source:        Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power

Date:          5/16/2015 10:03:18 AM

Event ID:      41

Task Category: (63)

Level:         Critical

Keywords:      (2)

User:          SYSTEM

Computer:      mikes-pc

Description:

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Event Xml:

< Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

  <System>

    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />

    <EventID>41</EventID>

    <Version>2</Version>

    <Level>1</Level>

    <Task>63</Task>

    <Opcode>0</Opcode>

    <Keywords>0x8000000000000002</Keywords>

    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-05-16T15:03:18.836807600Z" />

    <EventRecordID>419399</EventRecordID>

    <Correlation />

    <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />

    <Channel>System</Channel>

    <Computer>mikes-pc</Computer>

    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />

  </System>

  <EventData>

    <Data Name="BugcheckCode">159</Data>

    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x3</Data>

    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0xfffffa800bfafa00</Data>

    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0xfffff80000b9a518</Data>

    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0xfffffa80105cd3d0</Data>

    <Data Name="SleepInProgress">false</Data>

    <Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>

  </EventData>

< /Event>

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-07-13T11:02:56+00:00

Mike

Logitech M510 – Do you have the latest drivers?

http://support.logitech.com/product/wireless-mouse-m510#download

Testing to see if the Event 17 warnings stop may take a time judging by the frequency in which they are reported. Otherwise I think all that should be done is to wait and see if another blue screen error occurs. I do not think that reinstalling Windows is justified.

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-05-16T02:46:04+00:00

    Hi Gerry,

    Could you please help me figure out why my surface pro 3 crashed this afternoon. I have the minidump and system specs ready in a zipped file uploaded to my onedrive.

    Here is the link: 

    https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=2ACD4498AEC41573!19391&authkey=!AGpJpI1TsYfUR_Y&ithint=file%2crar

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-08-11T06:37:26+00:00

    Mike

    Good news is always welcome. Thanks for the update. If you could Mark the Answer for which message worked for you it helps others find  solutions to their problems.

    I had a question and somebody else posted the answer. How do I mark it as Answered?

    If you posted the original question, you can mark the question as answered yourself. Just click the Mark as Answer button.

    If you didn't post the original question, you can still mark the post as Helpful.

    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/page/faq#faqCodeConduct

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-08-11T02:00:53+00:00

    Gerry-

    I want to thank you for all of the help you have given me.  My computer runs perfect.  I have used it olot since we last spoke and I can say that I have run absolutely issue free.  I really appreciate you working with me through all of this and I'm so grateful for all of your help.  If there is anything I can do please let me know. 

    Thank you

    Mike

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments