bsod kernal power failure bugcheck code 159

Anonymous
2015-05-16T16:40:34+00:00

Hope someone can help caught a blue screen this morning . I have a ASUS laptop Model g73jw.  this is the info from the crash Can Someone Please help

MIke

Log Name:      System

Source:        Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power

Date:          5/16/2015 10:03:18 AM

Event ID:      41

Task Category: (63)

Level:         Critical

Keywords:      (2)

User:          SYSTEM

Computer:      mikes-pc

Description:

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Event Xml:

< Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

  <System>

    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />

    <EventID>41</EventID>

    <Version>2</Version>

    <Level>1</Level>

    <Task>63</Task>

    <Opcode>0</Opcode>

    <Keywords>0x8000000000000002</Keywords>

    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-05-16T15:03:18.836807600Z" />

    <EventRecordID>419399</EventRecordID>

    <Correlation />

    <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />

    <Channel>System</Channel>

    <Computer>mikes-pc</Computer>

    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />

  </System>

  <EventData>

    <Data Name="BugcheckCode">159</Data>

    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x3</Data>

    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0xfffffa800bfafa00</Data>

    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0xfffff80000b9a518</Data>

    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0xfffffa80105cd3d0</Data>

    <Data Name="SleepInProgress">false</Data>

    <Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>

  </EventData>

< /Event>

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-07-13T11:02:56+00:00

Mike

Logitech M510 – Do you have the latest drivers?

http://support.logitech.com/product/wireless-mouse-m510#download

Testing to see if the Event 17 warnings stop may take a time judging by the frequency in which they are reported. Otherwise I think all that should be done is to wait and see if another blue screen error occurs. I do not think that reinstalling Windows is justified.

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-07-10T11:31:08+00:00

    Mike

    Just a note in passing

    Not that I want to rain on this parade but you have been trying to fix this since at least May 16.  You simply may need to do a clean install to resolve the issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-07-10T11:19:51+00:00

    Mike

    Please restart your computer, allow 30 minutes for the system to run before uploading further information so that the impact of making changes can become apparent.

    Please provide an updated copy of your System Information file. Type System Information in the Search Box above the start Button and press the ENTER key (alternative is Select Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, System Information). Select File, Export and give the file a name noting where it is located. Do not place the cursor within the body of the report before exporting the file. The system creates a new System Information file each time system information is accessed. You need to allow a minute or two for the file to be fully populated before exporting a copy. Please upload the file to your OneDrive, share with everyone and post a link here. Reports in normal mode preferred. Please say if the report has been obtained in safe mode.

    Please upload and share with everyone fresh copies of your System log and your Application log (two files) from your Event Viewer to your One Drive and post a link here. You can remove any earlier copies of the logs from your OneDrive.

    To access the System log select Start, Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Event Viewer, from the list in the left side of the window expand Windows Logs and select System. Place the cursor on System, select Action from the Menu and Save All Events as (the default evtx file type) and give the file a name. Do the same for the Applications log. Do not provide filtered files. Do not place the cursor in the list of reports before selecting Action from the menu. Do not clear logs whilst you have a continuing problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-07-10T05:33:16+00:00

    Gerry-

    updated the Samsung KIes.  The device drivers on the Samsung comes with the phone.  I did the update through Kies.  The cyberlink DVD 9 was updated through the program I did it twice because I didn't see any modification when I checked the properties(I still don't however it says its updated).  I did find a program in the computer called E-driver(asus).  I has an update however one of the programs (asdsm) rendered the computer almost useless about 2 months ago, I don't really trust Asus too much I will run the E-driver if you think I could help The other three updated are lan driver v1.0.0.09, adobe reader v9.0.1 and trendmicro internet security v17.50

    MIke

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-07-08T14:06:09+00:00

    Mike

    Are you able to update CyberLink PowerDVD9 to a more current version?

    Asus have recently made it impossible to easily see if they are offering updated drivers as their web site no longer quotes versions. This means that you cannot compare what is on the site with what is installed. I suggest you use the link below to see if it offers updated drivers:

    http://www.asusdriversdownload.com/Drivers-Download.exe

    I suggest you download to your computer and install the USB driver for your Samsung mobile phone:

    http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/category/mobile/mobiledevice

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments