Windows 8.1 folder black shadow bug in dialog icons/context menu

Anonymous
2013-10-25T08:52:11+00:00

There's a bug in the Windows 8.1 dialog box and context menu.

Steps to reproduce:

  1. Create empty folder
  2. Delete folder, the dialog box will show the folder icon with a black line.

This is also present in the context menu selection, more specifically in the 'send to', icons are surrounded by a black edge. But hovering over them will make the black lines disappear. 

I can perfectly replicate it on 3 machines (2 of which are clean installs of 8.1), other users have also confirmed it. See screenshots below.

I'm using the latest WHQL Nvidia driver if that matters.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-04-03T12:48:21+00:00

    I don't want to speak to fast, but it seams to be fixed in Windows 10 TCP.

    Aren't there other (in my opinion hideous) icons in Windows 10 that have replaced the W8 ones?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-03-29T15:21:08+00:00

    I don't want to speak to fast, but it seams to be fixed in Windows 10 TCP.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments