Having successfully used this resolution on my Dell XPS8700 with Windows 8.1 Pro, when I upgraded to Windows 10 back it came again.
Reapplied the fix and it seems to have resolved it again.
For info if it helps anyone.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi,
When I leave the Bitlocker log-in screen inactive for 60 seconds the computer just shuts off. Is this a feature, a bug, or some hardware issue? I already reinstalled Windows.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Having successfully used this resolution on my Dell XPS8700 with Windows 8.1 Pro, when I upgraded to Windows 10 back it came again.
Reapplied the fix and it seems to have resolved it again.
For info if it helps anyone.
This fix worked for me too on a Dell XPS 8700 with the problem for 2 years & multiple attempts to resolve.
Well done that man at Asus
This seems to work here as well. Thank you very much!
Asus support got back to me today and proposed a solution that (so far) works. Let me know if this works for anyone else:
open up command prompt window as administrator:
type in this command: bcdedit /set {bootmgr} bootshutdowndisabled 1
press enter key, wait couple seconds then exit window. reboot the system and see if issue is resolved.
Hi
This is also working for me. I have a Dell Inspiron 2350 AIO PC and have been having this issue for almost a year now. Neither Microsoft nor Dell could resolve this issue - and from the resolution above which seems to be working it appears to be a very simple solution!
Thanks for the post!
Up until now I always thought this is a problem only related to my PC / Motherboard (which is a Asus Z87-Plus).
The error - which is easily reproducible - was as follows:
When the Uefi prompt for the Bitlocker password appears and I immediately entered the password, the computer would restart itself.
Only when I waited a little chances would be, that it would work.
I just had to be careful to not run in the 60sec timeout after which the PC would restart too (which is normal behavior).
Now some infos which might be important to know:
What I read should help: enabling virtual memory; unfortunately I already had it enabled (off course on my Bitlocker encrypted 840 Pro) BUT it was set to a fixed 1024MB.
Last week I changed it to "system managed" and since then I haven't encountered the error!!
Ok, it has only been a week, but that's my resolution for now; and hopefully forever^^