Remote desktop connection. An internal error has occurred.

Anonymous
2014-02-25T17:53:26+00:00

Hello,

The error occurs on a Windows 7 Home computer.

I connect successfully through a Sonic Wall VPN client.

I can ping the IP address of the remote computer.

I run remote desktop (using IP address of the remote computer) and get error:

"Remote desktop connection.  An internal error has occurred."

It used to work flawlessly and all of a sudden quit working.

Please advise.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-07-28T19:05:56+00:00

To resolve this issue, I performed the following actions:

Open RDP

Enter the IP address of the remote computer

Click Show Options

Click Experience

Uncheck Reconnect if the connection is dropped

Click Connect

Was this answer helpful?

300+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-02-27T12:26:19+00:00

Please close the case.

I fixed it.

It was a VPN configuration problem on the Sonic Wall.

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-12-21T18:09:00+00:00

    I have the same problem as lorenrex, it works in Wifi, but in ethernet still not working

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-12-09T16:34:45+00:00

    My problem was not getting Sonic Wall to attach to the network.  RDS would only connect if I used a WiFi connection.  If I use the ethernet connection, there was no way this worked.  It worked fine with Windows 7 but with Windows 10 I had to use the WiFi connection.  I had the same issue with my laptop and my assistant had the same problem with her different laptop connecting from her home as well.  I played with all the NIC and router settings but could not wired ethernet to connect to my work computer.  Microsoft needs to investigate this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-12-09T15:48:25+00:00

    I'm having the same problem with a VPN connection with a Sonicwall T200, the VPN is working but RDP is dropping.

    How did you fixed the VPN problem

    Regards, André

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments