To resolve this issue, I performed the following actions:
Open RDP
Enter the IP address of the remote computer
Click Show Options
Click Experience
Uncheck Reconnect if the connection is dropped
Click Connect
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello,
The error occurs on a Windows 7 Home computer.
I connect successfully through a Sonic Wall VPN client.
I can ping the IP address of the remote computer.
I run remote desktop (using IP address of the remote computer) and get error:
"Remote desktop connection. An internal error has occurred."
It used to work flawlessly and all of a sudden quit working.
Please advise.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
To resolve this issue, I performed the following actions:
Open RDP
Enter the IP address of the remote computer
Click Show Options
Click Experience
Uncheck Reconnect if the connection is dropped
Click Connect
Please close the case.
I fixed it.
It was a VPN configuration problem on the Sonic Wall.
Exactly the problem I've had from the very first day that I upgraded to Windows 10. I lease the SonicWall adapter from my ISP but they won't fix this problem unless I pay their hourly rate. I've tried every possible setting I can think of.
I have internet connectivity via Ethernet. Websites work as intended, but I can't connect via Remote Desktop.
I AM NOT able to connect with Remote Desktop via any form of Ethernet on this specific machine. (WIFI works for RDC though)
I've tried to use a USB-Ethernet NIC on this, and it gets websites, etc.. but No Remote Desktop.
The onboard ethernet NIC on the motherboard, gets websites, but No Remote Desktop.
I've wiped the machine, reinstalled windows, fiddled with RDC settings.. no luck.
To give a more detailed explanation of the process and symptoms here's the use-case:
ETHERNET (Where the problem is)
1. Ensure that Ethernet is Connected.
2. Launch Sonic Wall Global VPN, select the peer, click Enable and enter my credentials.
3. When Sonic Wall reports that it has connected, launch Remote Desktop Connection.
4. Ensure the Peer Information is Correct and hit Connect.
5. Wait 60 seconds or so, and get "INTERNAL ERROR".
6. Repeat Step 1.
Every form of Ethernet on this machine works this way.
WIFI: (This way works)
1. Ensure Wifi is turned on and Ethernet is unplugged. (If Ethernet is plugged in, it won't connect)
2. Launch Sonic Wall, enable, credentials, and then Remote Desktop
3. Connect!
The error occurs on a Windows 7 Home computer.