How do I execute "Files Ready to Be Written to Disk"

Anonymous
2014-04-20T15:24:25+00:00

I burn an audio CD with Nero Burning ROM; it completes and verifies successfully.  But it doesn't play. The listing of the disc's contents includes, "Files ready to be written."  This was an obvious step in xP, but in 8.1 it not only isn't obvious, the execution is nowhere that I've been able to find.  I've seen other forum answers but have been unable to find one that works.

Can someone (MS staff?) help?

Thanks

Bob Schneider

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-04-22T01:04:08+00:00

Bob,

Thank you for the response.

You could try deleting any temporary files that may be left over from CD and DVD burning. Navigate to the hidden folder C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Burn\Temporary Burn Folder and delete everything.

Now try to burn. Keep us posted.

Was this answer helpful?

90+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-08-20T13:13:06+00:00

    I have similar situation. I tried to burn some audio mP3 files, only some files were burnt and were renamed as track1, track2 etc.  and there was a message displaying there are files to be written on disc. Now first of all I can't see appdata when I open any folder in username (there are 3 folders), even if i find that folder and delete everything from temp burn folder, will I have to try to burn another blank video?        thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-07-23T21:50:07+00:00

    Anil,

    This worked for me. I was sweating this I thought I lost all my files, 80MB.

    Thanks,

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-02-23T11:10:59+00:00

    Found it, but now it said, You do not have sufficient rights to perform this operation.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-04-21T04:28:53+00:00

    Yes, right-clicking was the key, hardly something you would do intuitively.  Thanks, Windows 10 or whoever is responsible.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments