How do I execute "Files Ready to Be Written to Disk"

Anonymous
2014-04-20T15:24:25+00:00

I burn an audio CD with Nero Burning ROM; it completes and verifies successfully.  But it doesn't play. The listing of the disc's contents includes, "Files ready to be written."  This was an obvious step in xP, but in 8.1 it not only isn't obvious, the execution is nowhere that I've been able to find.  I've seen other forum answers but have been unable to find one that works.

Can someone (MS staff?) help?

Thanks

Bob Schneider

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-04-22T01:04:08+00:00

Bob,

Thank you for the response.

You could try deleting any temporary files that may be left over from CD and DVD burning. Navigate to the hidden folder C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Burn\Temporary Burn Folder and delete everything.

Now try to burn. Keep us posted.

Was this answer helpful?

90+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-12-10T00:27:39+00:00

    Wow, that is so deeply nested and obscure, I would NEVER have guessed it. Thank you for allowing me to burn these files right away.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-11-30T05:39:07+00:00

    George, that really helped me. I was having the same issue and pulling my hair.

    Thanks a lot for this posting.

    Ernesto.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-04-23T02:53:47+00:00

    Thank you Bob.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-04-23T02:44:10+00:00

    Good job, Anil.  I hope anyone else having this problem sees this.

    Bob

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments