how d0 you get your apps list style on your start button
Via Taskbar Properties, Navigation tab.
Show the Apps view automatically when I go to Start
FYI
Robert
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
ORIGINAL TITlE:Where is Programs
I have just got into window 8 from window XP. problem is that I cannot find programs from start. this programs had programs like accessories like calculator, note pad, painter , ms word etc. please help. Ashi Suri
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
how d0 you get your apps list style on your start button
Via Taskbar Properties, Navigation tab.
Show the Apps view automatically when I go to Start
FYI
Robert
how d0 you get your apps list style on your start button
After looking through these posts just today .. finally hit upon a method/alternative to what I've seen here (although the extra toolbar method mentioned earlier also helps ..
Anyhow ..
Hitting 'ctrl-esc' ... toggles between a classic desktop view .. and the new tiled /start 'touch screen' friendly (not MOUSE- friendly ) .. that we all love ( I mean hate .. ) anyhow .. if you hold down the ctrl and tap esc (ad infinitum) you can toggle back /forward between the two .. now .. in that hated new screen ..
Click on that down arrow icon (bottom left corner) .. you should then see a screen saying 'Apps' ..
The big 'trick' .. . just scroll the mouse wheel away from the screen/towards you .. and 'voila' .. *can also drag that white bar bottom of screen as an alternative ..
I had never noticed all that extra stuff past weather/youcam ... figuring that was the 'a-z' / end ! (possibly one or two of you .. same as me ? ..) ... hopefully ... of use to someone ..
P.S ... can hold down ctrl ... then keep tapping esc (an extra time I just found .. ) to get back to the classic desktop !
Hi,
Sometimes there is a problem with the permissions of the Start Menu folder...
My machine had "Everyone" blocked from reading the folder....
Right click on it's Properties, then Security Tab... Click "Advanced" at the bottom, and the "Change Permissions" at the bottom of the next window...
If you see a listing for "DENY" for your user name or "EVERYONE", delete it...
If this is not what you se, let us know...
BTW... Once you get access to the folder, you can "Create a Shortcut" for your desktop instead of the Toolbar, or both, if you wish.
I tried that and it didn't work.
That implies that you can see a Taskbar and were able to create a new Toolbar in it. What else? What did you try to do with it? What happened? Help us help you. Remember, your words have to substitute for what our eyes might notice.
HTH
Robert Aldwinckle