Micro SD Card not detected in my New Nokia Lumia 520

Anonymous
2013-06-05T16:19:29+00:00

I recently bought a new lumia 520, i tried 3 Micro SD Cards and Lumia 520 didn't detect any of them, while they are working fine in other phones.. Now please tell me what to do

?

Windows for home | Other | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-06-08T14:13:02+00:00

Hi Jahanzeb HussainQureshi,

Thanks for the forum entry.

Have you formatted the sd card over the Phone?

Did you try formatting the card over the PC?

Have you tried restarting the Phone?

What have you tried so far?

Best Regards,

Vasile M.

Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-06-09T15:11:56+00:00

    Thanks for the reply, I formatted the SD card on PC, I tried "Hard Reset", "Soft Reset" and the "Phone Reset", and I can't format the card on phone as it doesn't even detect the SD Card.. I've tried 3 SD Cards but Lumia 520 didn't detect one, however these SD Cards work fine on other phones be it Android, iOS or Symbian phone

    Was this answer helpful?

    100+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-06-26T16:48:56+00:00

    The card must be SDHC, formatted to FAT32. Do a full format, not a quick format.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-06-26T17:25:13+00:00

    The card must be SDHC, formatted to FAT32. Do a full format, not a quick format.

    Why Fat32? I formatted as exFat and it worked. Still, we should be able to replace SD cards without the need for a phone reset.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-06-26T15:52:41+00:00

    I had the same problem but a Complete format of the SD Card (quick format didn't work) under a PC with Windows 7 and Resetting the Phone with the SD Card inserted worked well. (My card is a Samsung 64GB class 10.)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments