Micro SD Card not detected in my New Nokia Lumia 520

Anonymous
2013-06-05T16:19:29+00:00

I recently bought a new lumia 520, i tried 3 Micro SD Cards and Lumia 520 didn't detect any of them, while they are working fine in other phones.. Now please tell me what to do

?

Windows for home | Other | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-06-08T14:13:02+00:00

Hi Jahanzeb HussainQureshi,

Thanks for the forum entry.

Have you formatted the sd card over the Phone?

Did you try formatting the card over the PC?

Have you tried restarting the Phone?

What have you tried so far?

Best Regards,

Vasile M.

Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-08-12T20:17:06+00:00

    "why will this phone not recognise it? Driving me insane......3 network are unwilling to help, no answers on here!!!!! Or anywhere.....grrrrrrrrrrr"

    Actually, you have a lot of answers here. Your anger is being misdirected.

    I had the same issue... but the SD Card worked after I've used WP settings to reset the phone with the SD card already inside of it. (After that point, I can remove it and insert it again without issues.)

    It's a strange bug... but it seems I'm not alone in this. Many other users had to do the same to get their SD cards working. How weird.

    thanks a lot for helping me solve the problem. I reset the phone with the sd card inside.  And it worked

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-08-07T10:33:38+00:00

    "why will this phone not recognise it? Driving me insane......3 network are unwilling to help, no answers on here!!!!! Or anywhere.....grrrrrrrrrrr"

    Actually, you have a lot of answers here. Your anger is being misdirected.

    I had the same issue... but the SD Card worked after I've used WP settings to reset the phone with the SD card already inside of it. (After that point, I can remove it and insert it again without issues.)

    It's a strange bug... but it seems I'm not alone in this. Many other users had to do the same to get their SD cards working. How weird.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-08-07T03:42:52+00:00

    Same problem with me, very frustrating....could not format through phone, got an adapter for sd card, reformatted, still no joy!!!!! Its disgraceful how kit is not transferable when we are out the cash for sorting this problem out.....!! Why are they not transferable? Or why is it made so complicated......I have a fairly new micro sd card scandisk 32 gb worked fine on my old phone.....why will this phone not recognise it? Driving me insane......3 network are unwilling to help, no answers on here!!!!! Or anywhere.....grrrrrrrrrrr

    It has to be a micro SDHC card. How did you format it?

    What are you refering to, "not transferable" ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-08-06T21:51:55+00:00

    Same problem with me, very frustrating....could not format through phone, got an adapter for sd card, reformatted, still no joy!!!!! Its disgraceful how kit is not transferable when we are out the cash for sorting this problem out.....!! Why are they not transferable? Or why is it made so complicated......I have a fairly new micro sd card scandisk 32 gb worked fine on my old phone.....why will this phone not recognise it? Driving me insane......3 network are unwilling to help, no answers on here!!!!! Or anywhere.....grrrrrrrrrrr

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments