where are bluetooth files????

Anonymous
2012-12-14T09:42:10+00:00

I managed to send files from my phone via bluetooth.

BUT.... where are these files stored??? In previous windows versions there was a Bluetooth Exchange Folder, but no such obvious place in Windows 8.

Please advise.

Thanks

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2012-12-16T12:42:16+00:00

    Hi  Pritska,

    I understand how frustrating it could be when things do not work as expected. Please do not worry I will try my best to resolve it.

    I would suggest you to search for the Bluetooth transferred file by using the file name.

    How to search

    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/search-apps-files-settings

    Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

    That has to be most USELESS and UNHELPFUL answer I've ever received on any forum!

    Was this answer helpful?

    700+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-05-19T16:22:34+00:00

    Bit late in the day but may help someone as I had this same issue on Windows 8. Seemingly there is no default folder for all Bluetooth downloads like there was in previous versions. What's more, I have found that the generic Windows 8 Bluetooth driver can act differently when a set of Bluetooth transfers have completed, for some bizarre reason.

    i) Sometimes is offers the chance to save the files to a location of your choice once the files complete: In this case, it defaults to the profile's Documents path but can be changed. So do check in the Documents folder in the first instance if you didn't specify a location yourself.

    ii) If you are *not* offered a "Save as..." prompt when the transfer completes: The downloads are usually within a temporary subfolder inside **C:\Users*<profile>\AppData\Local\Temp*. So either search this folder for recent files, or order the subfolders by date descending and hopefully you'll find the one containing your photos.

    I wouldn't be surprised if other Bluetooth drivers do different things, but these points above are worth a try. Either way, I don't really see why they couldn't just add a customisable path to the settings and remove any confusion in the first place.

    Regards,

    Lloyd

    Was this answer helpful?

    100+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-09-10T17:26:06+00:00

    Right click on the Bluetooth Icon on the Taskbar.

    Click on "Receive a file"

    Send the file from the your phone.

    After completion, set the destination of the file.

    Was this answer helpful?

    100+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-12-15T05:38:41+00:00

    Hi  Pritska,

    I understand how frustrating it could be when things do not work as expected. Please do not worry I will try my best to resolve it.

    I would suggest you to search for the Bluetooth transferred file by using the file name.

    How to search

    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/search-apps-files-settings

    Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-11-14T04:08:03+00:00

    Bit late in the day but may help someone as I had this same issue on Windows 8. Seemingly there is no default folder for all Bluetooth downloads like there was in previous versions. What's more, I have found that the generic Windows 8 Bluetooth driver can act differently when a set of Bluetooth transfers have completed, for some bizarre reason.

    i) Sometimes is offers the chance to save the files to a location of your choice once the files complete: In this case, it defaults to the profile's Documents path but can be changed. So do check in the Documents folder in the first instance if you didn't specify a location yourself.

    ii) If you are *not* offered a "Save as..." prompt when the transfer completes: The downloads are usually within a temporary subfolder inside **C:\Users*<profile>\AppData\Local\Temp*. So either search this folder for recent files, or order the subfolders by date descending and hopefully you'll find the one containing your photos.

    I wouldn't be surprised if other Bluetooth drivers do different things, but these points above are worth a try. Either way, I don't really see why they couldn't just add a customisable path to the settings and remove any confusion in the first place.

    Regards,

    Lloyd

    Man, your help save me, kudos. Thanks for sharing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments