where are bluetooth files????

Anonymous
2012-12-14T09:42:10+00:00

I managed to send files from my phone via bluetooth.

BUT.... where are these files stored??? In previous windows versions there was a Bluetooth Exchange Folder, but no such obvious place in Windows 8.

Please advise.

Thanks

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-02-23T02:25:48+00:00

    I have Windows 8.1 and I just stumbled on it, as Windows 8 used to just sent the files to a Blue Tooth folder.  In 8.1:

    • Right click on the blue tooth icon in the task bar
    • Click on Open Settings
    • Go the the Shared Folders Tab
    • A default location is listed for where the files will go, but you can create any folder and then designate this as the location for the files.
    • Click Apply
    • Click OK

    When you blue tooth your files they will go in this folder.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-12-06T17:52:43+00:00

    Thanks for sharing.  That was easy!  

    In my case the AppData folder was not displayed from my C:\Users*<profile name>folder.* If this is the case, type AppData manually into the file explorer address bar and then select local and temp from there. 

    I found my uploaded pictures in folder: C:\Users*<profile name>*\AppData\Local\Temp\FSQ_00363.31

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-09-28T04:19:05+00:00

    Anything for Wins 10 about to go back to Wins 7

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-09-16T04:19:57+00:00
    I have Windows 8.1 and I just stumbled on it, as Windows 8 used to just sent the files to a Blue Tooth folder.  In 8.1:
    
    • Right click on the blue tooth icon in the task bar
    • Click on Open Settings
    • Go the the Shared Folders Tab
    • A default location is listed for where the files will go, but you can create any folder and then designate this as the location for the files.
    • Click Apply
    • Click OK

    When you blue tooth your files they will go in this folder.

    no "shared folders" tab on windows 10 :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-10-21T10:49:07+00:00

    I've gone to open settings but there's no Shared Folder Tab (windows 8.1) Any ideas --I'm going round in circles here.

    Just can't find Bluetooth Folders anywhere

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments