where are bluetooth files????

Anonymous
2012-12-14T09:42:10+00:00

I managed to send files from my phone via bluetooth.

BUT.... where are these files stored??? In previous windows versions there was a Bluetooth Exchange Folder, but no such obvious place in Windows 8.

Please advise.

Thanks

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-02-22T21:45:02+00:00

    Hey, I had ran into this too. Trying to find a file my phone indicated had transferred successfully by bluetooth to my PC (Windows 10). 

    I found two things:

    1. If I open the bluetooth transfer window (run command > fsquirt) and click "Recieve", after the transfer, the wizard will ask you for a save location (my default was my system Documents folder).
    2. If located my first transfer (the lost one) in my AppData folders:

    %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp\FSQ_0171.252

    For you, it might be FSQSomeNumbers, since that looks to be a version number. So just go to %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp\ and go to the "F"s in the list.

    I hope this helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-11-13T09:20:58+00:00

    I managed to send files from my phone via bluetooth.

    BUT.... where are these files stored??? In previous windows versions there was a Bluetooth Exchange Folder, but no such obvious place in Windows 8.

    Please advise.

    Thanks

    OK so I downloaded the file from bluetooth and I searched for it, I found it out in my Documents folder. Check your Documents folder, you might find it there without having any parent folder.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-11-04T16:56:38+00:00

    PritSka,

    Your post:

    That has to be most USELESS and UNHELPFUL answer I've ever received on any forum!

    Thank you.  Thought it was just me.....

    My image files ended up here:

    C:\Users\MYLANID\PICTURES

    But keep in mind this is a Windows 7 64bit system.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-02-18T14:29:40+00:00

    WINDOWS 10 save in :

    C:\Users[[Username]]\AppData\Local\Temp[[folder with stupid name]]

    search under above path for your files

    Bye

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-12-07T12:37:41+00:00

    I still cant find files in phone storage. Its only in sd card. What can i do? If thats files trap in phone storage

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments