where are bluetooth files????

Anonymous
2012-12-14T09:42:10+00:00

I managed to send files from my phone via bluetooth.

BUT.... where are these files stored??? In previous windows versions there was a Bluetooth Exchange Folder, but no such obvious place in Windows 8.

Please advise.

Thanks

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-12-23T01:48:00+00:00

    This is a totally bogus, and worthless answer.  The question had to do with bluetooth files, and the mechanical answer just said how to do a search.  The search turns up nothing relevant, by the way.

    Definitely, it looks like Windows 10 isn´t helpful concerning the use of Bluetooth, and one start to suspect that they do not want us to use it. Reason? Commercial issues...the same as kind of problem when they imposed a desk with preloaded propaganda, instead of allowing the user to decide how he will manage his own desk and interests... nobody wants to pay for a system that is rather a commercial dictatorship. No wonder many people is desperately looking for free software to get rid of Microsoft pressure. This does not mean that Microsoft does not have really nice and useful things...but something is wrong with part of their team, concerning the constant search for profits rather than for customer satisfaction and freedom.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-12-08T06:59:10+00:00

    They way I got it to work was to right clock the bluetooth icon on my computer and clicked 'Receive a File'. A window opened up and when I sent data from my phone it showed the progress bar in that window. Then it prompted me for a save location.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-10-27T21:22:43+00:00

    Thanks for the info. I had forgotten the save choice at end of transfer. I was trasfering a large set of files and wanted to start using the files that had transfered early in the que. Couldn't find them but this info you provided helped. I then looked in my Temp ( %temp% ) folder and found what I was after. The files being stored unit the whole que had finished. The files were in TEMP"RandomString". Just look for folder date and time to when transfer began. Thanks for the prompt :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-09-30T19:16:26+00:00

    OMG What a nightmare! Tried for hours to follow all the previous advice. No luck. None of the directories showed for me. Microsoft Photos searched forever and found nothing. I had already uploaded all the photos on my Nexus to Google Drive but nothing showed. Connected my phone with Bluetooth and paired fine but was not showing in connected devices in Explorer. Finally found your post and managed to do the receive a file successfully. Very time consuming doing one photo at a time but at least they are now on my computer. Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-09-19T17:22:23+00:00

    I absolutely agree, it is absurd that i have to imagine were my files are going as it is absurd that they can not go directly from a temp file, to a place like documents/bluetooth files/ or ask for the place or something like that.

    This is not what I expected from the very intelligent people in Microsoft. please fix it. I dont want to guess where my files are going

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments