Hi,
I found a solution: uninstall and reinstall! It works perfectly now: CPU used = 0% and the background picture is correctly refreshed.
Regards
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello,
Bing Desktop (bingdesktop.exe) constantly uses more than 20% of my CPU.
I'm running W7 on an i7 quad-core with 8GB,
Does anyone know how to fix this?
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi,
I found a solution: uninstall and reinstall! It works perfectly now: CPU used = 0% and the background picture is correctly refreshed.
Regards
I was seeing varying percentages on the different computers. On one it was using about 15% on the other two was moving between 30% and more than 40%.
For what is worth, removing and reinstalling did fix the problem for me on all devices.
Yes, it looks like you are right.
I don't see 30 or 40% but a constant rate of 12% which still is way to high for an idle background app.
It actually makes sense. Mine stopped working on both, PC and laptop last Saturday night too. That was the night we've changed time in UK.
Exactly a year after the first post in this thread, I'm experiencing exactly the same problem. I have Bing desktop installed on three different PCs and on all of them as of last weekend, the client is taking more than 30% or even 40% CPU and the wallpaper do not change anymore.
Now I have a weird theory. The only thing that last year problem and this year problem have in common is that they occurred on the weekend of switching from standard time to summer time.
Of course the previous post on October 10th may seem to disprove my theory, unless that week in October was when you switched back from summer to standard time?