bingdesktop.exe over 20% CPU

Anonymous
2013-04-02T09:16:53+00:00

Hello,

Bing Desktop (bingdesktop.exe) constantly uses more than 20% of my CPU. 

I'm running W7 on an i7 quad-core with 8GB,

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-04-06T11:42:40+00:00

Hi,

I found a solution: uninstall and reinstall! It works perfectly now: CPU used = 0% and the background picture is correctly refreshed.

Regards

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-04-04T07:23:51+00:00

    That did the trick. Uninstall / reinstall.

    Thanks.

    Rem

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-04-03T19:07:18+00:00

    I think the easiest solution here is to simply reinstall the thing. Done that and along with it fixing itself I got an updated icon :) It's like a biannual tradition now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-04-03T07:16:19+00:00

    Nice work if you can get it.

    I'll be uninstalling but not reinstalling. All I want is a nice change of wallpaper every now and then but MS seems to insist that I can only have that if I install a desktop app that uses 50% cpu...!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-04-02T19:00:54+00:00

    Same Problem here on 3 different computers. CPU usage is between 20 and 30%. The problem occurs last weekend with the summer time change. If you turn off the automatic change to summer time (clock is set 1 hour back) and start Bing Desktop, it changes the wallpaper and has a normal CPU usage. If you turn the automatic change on again, it has again the high CPU usage.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments