bingdesktop.exe over 20% CPU

Anonymous
2013-04-02T09:16:53+00:00

Hello,

Bing Desktop (bingdesktop.exe) constantly uses more than 20% of my CPU. 

I'm running W7 on an i7 quad-core with 8GB,

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-04-06T11:42:40+00:00

Hi,

I found a solution: uninstall and reinstall! It works perfectly now: CPU used = 0% and the background picture is correctly refreshed.

Regards

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-04-06T17:50:04+00:00

    I had version 1.2.115.0. 

    I tried "repair", no change, still over 24% CPU constantly.

    Today I downloaded again from http://www.bing.com/explore/desktop

    (thanks @Milton David Grimshaw)

    Then I uninstalled the current version and installed the older version 1.2.113.0.

    All OK again, wallpaper changes, no waste of CPU time.

    (thanks @alfreddeux)

    I wonder when someone from MS will respond here an provide a fix.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-04-06T11:50:37+00:00

    Hello,

    Bing Desktop (bingdesktop.exe) constantly uses more than 20% of my CPU. 

    I'm running W7 on an i7 quad-core with 8GB,

    Does anyone know how to fix this?

    Yes, get rid of it.  It's not like if you need it and my view on these things that I don't need, that don't work, that bug up the computer and that test my patience is to get rid of the cursed thing!  No more app causing problems, case closed!

    John

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-04-06T11:21:32+00:00

    Hi,

    I have exactly the same problem.

    Bing Desktop (bingdesktop.exe) constantly uses around 50% of my CPU and the backgound picture does not refresh anymore.

    Bing version: 1.2.113.0

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-04-06T10:14:20+00:00

    Been playing around with this issue all morning, as it was bugging me.

    Finally I decided to uninstall the software and reinstall the version presently distributed via Bing (Not via Windows update)

    These are different versions, the one on Bing being the previous release, which did not have the issue, all is now back to normal.

    http://www.bing.com/explore/desktop

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments