Error code 080004001 when starting Photo Gallery

Anonymous
2012-08-19T20:22:13+00:00

After loading and later repairing Windows Essentials I continue to get an error code of 80004001 when starting Photo Gallery,

It comes up right after the initial Photo Gallery screen appears.

Windows for home | Other | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-08-04T14:56:11+00:00

    Hello Glenda_A,

    All logs have been uploaded on the private string.

    Thanks,

    Raihan

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-08-04T01:52:41+00:00

    Hello RaihanHuq,

    Thank you for participating in this thread. I understand that you're unable to open Photo Gallery because of error code 080004001.

    To investigate on what might be causing this issue, kindly provide us the necessary log files by following the steps in the thread below:

    How to gather Log files for Windows Live Movie Maker and Windows Live Photo Gallery

    Please upload the log files in the private message area that I have provided for you. To view it, be sure that you are signed in to Microsoft Community and click the notification which states that “You have a private reply to this message. Click here to read it on our secure private message section" or by clicking the “Private Messages” tab.

    Kindly reply to this post once you have uploaded the logs.

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-08-03T21:52:25+00:00

    I have the exact same problem. The above fix didn't work either and I can't use Photo Gallery as a result. Had followed the directions step by step, and I have to go with 3rd party applications. This is terrible.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-01-13T00:10:31+00:00

    Hi Earl,

    The items that we listed are not located in your Control panel> Program and Features. You can only access those registries if you will open your Windows Registry Editor. It is a database that stores configuration settings of your operating system. Configuring the registry is a very serious task to do and it seems that you are not aware on how to delete the said registries.

    It would be best if you will ask someone who have the knowledge on editing/deleting the registry so they can guide you on how to accomplish that task.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-01-12T17:45:51+00:00

    Leonard_Su,

    Looking at DxDiag I can see the items you list,, but I can't find any program in Control Panel>Programs and Features that resemble them.

    Are there registry entries that need to be deleted?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments