Error code 080004001 when starting Photo Gallery

Anonymous
2012-08-19T20:22:13+00:00

After loading and later repairing Windows Essentials I continue to get an error code of 80004001 when starting Photo Gallery,

It comes up right after the initial Photo Gallery screen appears.

Windows for home | Other | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2012-12-13T07:10:32+00:00

    Hi Earl,

    Our support specialist already specified several codecs that you can delete. If you are familliar in doing this without messing up your system registry then we request that you proceed in deleting the following registry in your system. These are seeing the following DirectShow Filters that could cause an issue:

    Canon Resizer,0x00200000,1,1,CanonResizer.ax,2.04.0000.0006

    Canon Motion-JPEG Encoder,0x00200000,1,1,CanonMJPEGEncoder.ax,2.04.0000.0004

    Moto Image Decoder Filter,0x00600000,0,0,NPSImgFilter.ax,1.00.0000.0001  MainConcept(Muvee

    MPEG Demultiplexer,0x00400001,1,2,muveempgdmx.ax,7.03.0000.36147

    Vorbis Decoder,0x00600000,1,1,OggDS.dll,0.09.0009.0005CyberLink MPEG Video Encoder,0x00200000,1,1,P2GVidEnc.ax,6.00.0001.2226

    Haali Media Splitter (AR),0x00400000,1,1,splitter.ax,1.10.0120.0015

    FunUnify Video Trans Filter,0x00200000,1,1,FunCodecFilter.ax,1.00.0000.0001 a nd many more (100s)

    However, if you are not that computer savvy in terms of deleting registry, then it would be best that you have someone who has the knowledge how in terms of doing this. Providing steps in terms of deleting these codecs in the registry are beyond our scope of support as this is more an Operating System related in terms of troubleshooting steps.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-12-12T14:15:47+00:00

    Hi Earl,

    Thanks for providing this information. I've already re-escalated this issue. Please keep posted from time to time for any updates.

    Regards!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-12-12T02:03:54+00:00

    Gerard_G,

    I first tried creating a new user and then invoking Photo Gallery as the new user. Same error x80004001.

    Then I rebooted into 'Safe Mode with Networking' and invoked Photo Gallery. Same x80004001 error.

    After searching the net for uninstalling codecs articles, all I could find was how to look at the codecs associated with Windows Media Player. I didn't find any there in your list since I was only looking at the video and audio codecs associated with Media Player

    So then I rebooted and uninstalled every Canon program listed under Programs and Features, also any MainConcept, CyberLInk, Haali and Fun*** programs listed. I did not find any Vorbis or Moto in the list.

    I then rebooted again and tried Photo Gallery.  Same x80004001 error.

    If there is anything else you want me to try just let me know.

    Thanks,

    Earl

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-12-11T18:50:22+00:00

    Hi ceport,

    Based on the investigation of our support specialist, this issue may be caused by 3rd party codecs installed on computer. Please uninstall 3rd party codecs from computer starting with the image codecs listed below.

    • Canon Resizer,0x00200000,1,1,CanonResizer.ax,2.04.0000.0006  • Canon Motion-JPEG Encoder,0x00200000,1,1,CanonMJPEGEncoder.ax,2.04.0000.0004 

    • Moto Image Decoder Filter,0x00600000,0,0,NPSImgFilter.ax,1.00.0000.0001  • MainConcept (Muvee) MPEG Demultiplexer,0x00400001,1,2,muveempgdmx.ax,7.03.0000.36147  • Vorbis Decoder,0x00600000,1,1,OggDS.dll,0.09.0009.0005  • CyberLink MPEG Video Encoder,0x00200000,1,1,P2GVidEnc.ax,6.00.0001.2226  • Haali Media Splitter (AR),0x00400000,1,1,splitter.ax,1.10.0120.0015  • FunUnify Video Trans Filter,0x00200000,1,1,FunCodecFilter.ax,1.00.0000.0001 

    Also, please provide the following information:

    1. Does the error happen on a new user account?
    2. Does the error happen in **Safe Mode**? 

    You can also ask for help from an experienced PC technician with removing codecs from the system if they are not familiar with the procedure. 

    Regards,

    Gerard G.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2012-11-02T06:59:28+00:00

    Hi,

    Thank you for uploading the requested log file. We will forward that to our support specialist for thorough investigation, Please check this thread from time to time for updates.

    Regards,

    Leonard.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments