Hey, heres what I did...
Just uninstalled windows 8 and changed back to good old 7!!!!
BEST ANSWER!!! EVER....
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Every time I click on the app store it starts to open and then closes. I was trying to find a solution to it and one was to do a computer refresh. So i went to do that and thats when I noticed that the pc settings won't open either. I've done most of the methods that have been posted to other people's questions. Is there some other way to refresh?
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hey, heres what I did...
Just uninstalled windows 8 and changed back to good old 7!!!!
BEST ANSWER!!! EVER....
Having the same issue since last night.
- I believe an NVIDIA driver update was pushed/installed through Windows update, which prevented the computer from fully starting Windows after reboot.
- I rebooted, pressed F8, and used Windows Restore to remove all installed apps/updates but preserve my user files (documents, etc.).
- Windows 8 now boots and I can login with my MS Account password (locally).
- I then disabled auto-installation of Windows Update downloads so I don't have this issue going forward. I set Windows Update so I can review updates before installing and will avoid Nvidia updates.
- I can sign into my Windows account locally with my MS Account password, but the Action Center on the desktop requests that I "Click here to enter my most recent password (Important)."
- I click on that, it loads the Windows 8 settings splash screen (the gear symbol), but then immediately exits back to the desktop.
- I try to manually go into the Settings option from the Charms bar, but have the same result: splash screen displays but Settings won't open. Therefore, I can't enter the MS Account password it is requesting.
- The Windows Store shows the same behavior.
- Other non-admin accounts on the PC also exhibit the same behaviors.
- I'm going to try to restore again, but I expect the same issue.
- My guess is that the MS Account info is corrupted locally, but it's severe enough that it won't allow me to launch and re-authenticate with the service over the internet.
Ditto same issue..got it today :( My laptop is just 20 days old...and seemed to be working just fine until today. But i really don't know how to resolve it.. Plz help.
Also, when I tried to run the sfc/scannow thing, it says I don't have admininstrator access.
Also, having 'Error occured while troubleshooting' messages like the user above. Exactly the same problem!
Will someone answer with a fix please. The same thing is happening with me. The store and change pc settings just open for a second and goes back to the start screen. this makes a lot of windows 8 unusable. which makes my new computer useless. please help Microsoft support answer us as the steps you've mentioned have not worked. a lot of us seem to have this issue. Resolve this please!!!!
I had to Reset the PC to the original Win 8 installation, removing my data files, user accounts, etc. See the steps I performed in previous posts on this thread. Since then, I haven't had any issues.
Will someone answer with a fix please. The same thing is happening with me. The store and change pc settings just open for a second and goes back to the start screen. this makes a lot of windows 8 unusable. which makes my new computer useless. please help Microsoft support answer us as the steps you've mentioned have not worked. a lot of us seem to have this issue. Resolve this please!!!!
I have the same issue, just 'crashes' to the start menu D: