Windows 8 app store and PC Settings won't open.

Anonymous
2012-11-17T16:09:36+00:00

Every time I click on the app store it starts to open and then closes. I was trying to find a solution to it and one was to do a computer refresh. So i went to do that and thats when I noticed that the pc settings won't open either. I've done most of the methods that have been posted to other people's questions. Is there some other way to refresh?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2012-11-26T22:12:22+00:00

    I ended up having to do a Windows Reset by forcing the boot-up sequence to fail by turning the PC off toward the end of boot (since I couldn't enable the Reset using the Windows Settings that failed to load).  This wiped all account info (I had previously moved all data files to an external drive), but allowed me to add back each MS account I had on the PC.

    I then set Windows Update to allow me to review all updates before installation, so that the Nvidia drivers won't automatically install.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-11-26T19:21:46+00:00

    l found a simple solution to the same problem,you have to have windows firewall enabled to connect to windows store,i disabled my AVG firewall and then enabled the windows firewall and was able to go straight to the store.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-11-26T14:43:39+00:00
    1. I shoud also mention that I tried to install the MS Accounts troubleshooter: http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/4/F24D0C03-4181-4E5B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/microsoftaccounts.diagcab but I receive an error stating "A problem is preventing the troubleshooter from starting."  Error code 0x80070005 is returned.
    2. I then tried running a fix for this issue: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=23510, but that won't install either!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-11-21T11:28:49+00:00

    I have the same problem. I upgraded last week from Vista to windows 8 and have been unable to connect using the Store app. I have also had great problems finding the windows 8 PC app store. When using Bing it takes you everywhere except the app store , at least you can still rely on Google !

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-03-23T06:51:39+00:00

    <Removed>

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments