I give up.
Had to reboot for the latest windows update and sound is gone again.
I tried uninstalling the HDA in Device Mgr and rebooting. But I guess sound is determined to remain quiet.
I've ordered a USB device.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I installed Windows 8 - wiped out the programs and kept the personal info. Now I dont have any sound.
Checked the device drivers and the High Definition Audio Driver isnt working or was not installed. I deleted the one that was there and rebooted. Still wont work! I cant seem to find a driver that will work. I tried updating the driver and it could find any on the pc or internet. It was working under Vista and Win 7..
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Dave
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I give up.
Had to reboot for the latest windows update and sound is gone again.
I tried uninstalling the HDA in Device Mgr and rebooting. But I guess sound is determined to remain quiet.
I've ordered a USB device.
You're welcome.
I swear, I did this before, but I do NOT argue with success.
Let's hope this will stay put now.
The HDA came back with warning but the Realtek is (of course) showing good, now.
thanks again.
Can you uninstall the "High Definition Audio Device" via the Device manager and restart the computer?
I dunno. When I upgraded to Win 8, I lost my video. I tried several cards hoping I did not have to buy another. I may have tried that. Currently only the NVS510 is in the machine. Upgrades are expensive!