Hi atififtekhar,
That appears to be an Intel audio device that may be a component of the graphics driver.
Can you run the following utility from Intel and see if it picks up any driver updates:
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I installed Windows 8 - wiped out the programs and kept the personal info. Now I dont have any sound.
Checked the device drivers and the High Definition Audio Driver isnt working or was not installed. I deleted the one that was there and rebooted. Still wont work! I cant seem to find a driver that will work. I tried updating the driver and it could find any on the pc or internet. It was working under Vista and Win 7..
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Dave
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi atififtekhar,
That appears to be an Intel audio device that may be a component of the graphics driver.
Can you run the following utility from Intel and see if it picks up any driver updates:
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_2804&SUBSYS_80860101&REV_1000
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_2804&SUBSYS_80860101
this is in the list of hardware lds.
kindly help to resolve this problem....
OK, thanks for the follow-up.