DRIVER FOR CANONSCAN N650U FOR WINDOWS 7

Anonymous
2011-10-31T03:21:22+00:00

I would likec to know if there is a DRIVER FOR CANONSCAN N650U FOR WINDOWS 7 please let me know thank you, send me the file i there is any chance

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-10-31T04:29:58+00:00

All hardware support, including any drivers or software that allow it to communicate with an operating system - come from the hardware manufacturer.  In this case - Canon.

http://software.canon-europe.com/products/0000473.asp

A google search resulted in one possible kludge you could glue together and maybe get some positive (possibly temporary) results...

How to install a CanoScan N650U scanner on Vista or Windows 7

Posted on October 26, 2009 by Daniel

I have an Canon CanoScan N650U scanner that I use a few times a year. Canon never released Vista drivers for this scanner, using the instructions below made the scanner work on Windows 7 for me:

  1. Download the XP drivers from Canon’s website
  2. Install the drivers
  3. The driver didn’t install, but unzipped to C:/Temp/CanoScanCSUv571a
  4. Go to C:/Temp/CanoScanCSUv571a and uncompress CanoScanCSUv571a.exe
  5. Plug in your scanner
  6. Go to your device manager.
  7. Click on Add a Device and select the scanner
  8. Right click to update driver information
  9. Select browse my computer for driver software
  10. Type in: C:\Temp\CanoScanCSUv571a
  11. Click next and my scanner worked

Update: In the comments Paul wrote, “I used the WIA drivers, which I found here: http://www.normalgeeks.com/Canoscan_WIA.zip”  I haven’t tried it, but’s worth checking out.

Was this answer helpful?

50+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-08-18T14:54:26+00:00

    So glad I found this thread, I was about to junk the scanner after upgrading from XP to Windows 7.

    Worked just fine as per Bourkey2577's post, although I went through Device Manager to find the driver in C:\TEMP.

    I then installed OmniPage Pro and CS Toolbox from the original disk that came with the scanner.

    Don't give up out there.

    John

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-06-25T13:29:03+00:00

    Download the XP driver from Canon.

    Extract all the zip and executables in the file.

    Go to the Devices & Printers in Windows 7.

    Browse for the driver and tick to search all subfolders.

    It will come up and say the driver isn't certified.

    Just did it then & works 100%.

    Email me if you need help.

    Regards,

    Bourkey

    ******@hotmail.com

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-05-07T17:08:03+00:00

    It may not be anti-customer, but a licencing/royalty issue with bits of the software that the beancounters watching Canon's bottom line don't think is worth an update to run the 10+ year old pieces of hardware that have survived. I hate it too, and think when companies abandon hardware they should lose copyrights against hacking to keep the stuff working. But then we're talking lawyers, not beancounters, which cost even more.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-02-20T18:08:31+00:00

    VueScan does work with WIN8-64. However, it's a $40 buy, which is about the price of a new CanoScan scanner. I'm sure this is the reason Canon doesn't provide updated drivers. They want you to buy new hardware every few years. Not exactly a "customer first" attitude, though.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments