DRIVER FOR CANONSCAN N650U FOR WINDOWS 7

Anonymous
2011-10-31T03:21:22+00:00

I would likec to know if there is a DRIVER FOR CANONSCAN N650U FOR WINDOWS 7 please let me know thank you, send me the file i there is any chance

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-10-31T04:29:58+00:00

All hardware support, including any drivers or software that allow it to communicate with an operating system - come from the hardware manufacturer.  In this case - Canon.

http://software.canon-europe.com/products/0000473.asp

A google search resulted in one possible kludge you could glue together and maybe get some positive (possibly temporary) results...

How to install a CanoScan N650U scanner on Vista or Windows 7

Posted on October 26, 2009 by Daniel

I have an Canon CanoScan N650U scanner that I use a few times a year. Canon never released Vista drivers for this scanner, using the instructions below made the scanner work on Windows 7 for me:

  1. Download the XP drivers from Canon’s website
  2. Install the drivers
  3. The driver didn’t install, but unzipped to C:/Temp/CanoScanCSUv571a
  4. Go to C:/Temp/CanoScanCSUv571a and uncompress CanoScanCSUv571a.exe
  5. Plug in your scanner
  6. Go to your device manager.
  7. Click on Add a Device and select the scanner
  8. Right click to update driver information
  9. Select browse my computer for driver software
  10. Type in: C:\Temp\CanoScanCSUv571a
  11. Click next and my scanner worked

Update: In the comments Paul wrote, “I used the WIA drivers, which I found here: http://www.normalgeeks.com/Canoscan_WIA.zip”  I haven’t tried it, but’s worth checking out.

Was this answer helpful?

50+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-01-14T00:56:00+00:00

    Hi!

    I've tried that!

    Still no luck.....

    Which is why I pointed out to Amir603 that said driver was not manufactured to function under but a few operating systems - none of them the one in this conversation.

    The printer in question is not supported by the manufacturer under Windows 7 - time to get another printer or find a way to use an older operating system that the printer manufacturer does support for that model printer.  :-)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-01-13T17:30:53+00:00

    Hi!

    I've tried that!

    Still no luck.....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-01-08T22:38:06+00:00

    Go to:

    http://www.canon-europe.com/Support/Consumer\_Products/products/scanners/CanoScan\_series/CanoScan\_N650U.aspx?type=download&page=1

    and download no.1 & 4 , the first one is driver and the other one is the toolbox to manage the scanner.

    [1.] shows : "Operating system(s): Windows 2000, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows XP"

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-01-08T22:37:10+00:00

    Same Problem here...

    I had to re install Windows and now I can't install it....but It use to work with the Windows 7 :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments