DRIVER FOR CANONSCAN N650U FOR WINDOWS 7

Anonymous
2011-10-31T03:21:22+00:00

I would likec to know if there is a DRIVER FOR CANONSCAN N650U FOR WINDOWS 7 please let me know thank you, send me the file i there is any chance

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-10-31T04:29:58+00:00

All hardware support, including any drivers or software that allow it to communicate with an operating system - come from the hardware manufacturer.  In this case - Canon.

http://software.canon-europe.com/products/0000473.asp

A google search resulted in one possible kludge you could glue together and maybe get some positive (possibly temporary) results...

How to install a CanoScan N650U scanner on Vista or Windows 7

Posted on October 26, 2009 by Daniel

I have an Canon CanoScan N650U scanner that I use a few times a year. Canon never released Vista drivers for this scanner, using the instructions below made the scanner work on Windows 7 for me:

  1. Download the XP drivers from Canon’s website
  2. Install the drivers
  3. The driver didn’t install, but unzipped to C:/Temp/CanoScanCSUv571a
  4. Go to C:/Temp/CanoScanCSUv571a and uncompress CanoScanCSUv571a.exe
  5. Plug in your scanner
  6. Go to your device manager.
  7. Click on Add a Device and select the scanner
  8. Right click to update driver information
  9. Select browse my computer for driver software
  10. Type in: C:\Temp\CanoScanCSUv571a
  11. Click next and my scanner worked

Update: In the comments Paul wrote, “I used the WIA drivers, which I found here: http://www.normalgeeks.com/Canoscan_WIA.zip”  I haven’t tried it, but’s worth checking out.

Was this answer helpful?

50+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-11-22T11:13:13+00:00

    Hi,

    I have got the same scanner and have tried the given solution but it didnt worked because I have got Windows 7 64bit OS. So I am feeling helpless as I have got only this scanner.

    I will be grateful if anyone can provide a good solution for this matter. Even anyone from Microsoft. It will be really appreciated.

    Thanks

    Sam

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-08-18T18:56:15+00:00

    Actually for years I am using this device as well and I faced the same problem when I immigrate to Win7, and after all I found the Driver Pack 2011 (also there is 2012 version) which is a Data Bank of Different Drivers which easily could find apropriate driver for device such this scanner and also update your other devices drivers.

    I used it and now the Scanner easily ready to use!

    Hope this could be helpful for other guys.

    "Cobra" or whatever?

    I guess that depends how much you want to send all your data to other people.  ;-)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-08-18T16:37:25+00:00

    Hi friends,

    Actually for years I am using this device as well and I faced the same problem when I immigrate to Win7, and after all I found the Driver Pack 2011 (also there is 2012 version) which is a Data Bank of Different Drivers which easily could find apropriate driver for device such this scanner and also update your other devices drivers.

    I used it and now the Scanner easily ready to use!

    Hope this could be helpful for other guys.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-08-18T15:05:44+00:00

    So glad I found this thread, I was about to junk the scanner after upgrading from XP to Windows 7.

    Worked just fine as per Bourkey2577's post, although I went through Device Manager to find the driver in C:\TEMP.

    I then installed OmniPage Pro and CS Toolbox from the original disk that came with the scanner.

    Don't give up out there.

    Be warned - it may not function as intended and you may end up having more trouble than it is worth.  However, if all you use is likely 1/10th of the functionality - you probably won't notice anyway.  ;-)

    As long as everyone making this device works realizes what they are doing...

    This review says it for me:

    http://www.reviewcentre.com/review386269.html

    Notice the date of the review...

    29/06/2008

    (And one of the other reviewers owned that scanner for 3 years in 2008.)

    Yeah - it didn't work for this guy back in 2008 in Vista.  This device is old - I am sure there have been no improvements in technology (size, speed, functionality included) in such devices since then.  ;-)

    While sometimes it is nice to hang on to older equipment (cannot afford a new piece of equipment - although you somehow updated operating systems... *shrug* OR that device does something nothing else can do - although I don't see much special about this scanner... OR they just don't use it enough to replace it) - sometimes you will be better off in the long run ditching the things and finding a new alternative.  Like faxing - just do it online.

    Just a different perspective.  I am glad people are getting what they need.  I would like to hear from the people who posted in this conversation over the years (yes, years) and see if they are still using this device and how often?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments