Epson printer printout states: A router/access point channel conflict detected - improve your wireless network enviroment ???

Anonymous
2011-03-19T03:38:55+00:00

I am trying to print from my laptop to my Epson Printer.  It will not work on one of documents or from the internet.  The Epson prints out the following: A router/access point channel conflict has been detected - improve your wireless network enviroment.  My router is sitting beside my printer and laptop.  The green WiFi light on the front of the printer is on.  I have no problems using my Ipad in the other room.  So what does the printout mean ?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. LemP 74,990 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2017-08-22T04:35:48+00:00

    I have the same problem after many years printing from ipad to epson xp 410.

    whats the problem / solution

    Not a Windows issue, although I expect that the basic problem is the same.

    In the U.S., wifi has 11 authorized channels in wireless-G mode.  It turns out, however, that there is considerable overlap between channels and for this reason it has long be recommended that home wifi users (again, with wireless-G) use channel 1, channel 6, or channel 11. 

    If your router is configured to use channel 11, for example, and your nearby neighbor uses channel 7, 8, 9 or 10 you may well see a "channel conflict."

    See http://www.metageek.com/training/resources/why-channels-1-6-11.html

    If you're using wireless-n or wireless-ac, it's more complex, but the answer is generally the same:  change the channel used by your router.  The wireless adapters on your devices should adjust automatically to the new channel setting.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-08-22T02:16:28+00:00

    I have the same problem after many years printing from ipad to epson xp 410.

    whats the problem / solution

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-01-23T23:12:30+00:00

    I was unable to access the router I was connecting thru...rental situation...nobody had p/w etc, but I could access it physically.

    What I did:

    1. Another printer was on and connected to the router (could see in wifi networks avail) - turned this printer off
    2. Recycled the router (unplug and wait for 30 sec)

    3 Reboot the router (when the router came back up the printer auto connected again)

    This worked.

    I think the other printer was the conflict but can't be 100% sure.  I tried other steps like disconnecting my printer from wifi and re running the setup wizard (nothing).  Updating s/w for the printer (nothing).  This was an extremely frustrating problem b/c I could see my printer on the network, I could even see the ink levels, but it still would not print. 

    Try eliminating the conflict with another device before reprogramming/resetting everything.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments