Move or copy a print job to another printer

Anonymous
2009-04-02T03:30:57+00:00

Is it possible to move or copy a print job to another printer?  My problem is I printer a few documents from the web to a printer that was offline (not plugged into my USB port).  Is it possible to move or copy those print jobs to another printer I have on my system?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-04-02T10:49:39+00:00

Hello mjpalm,

Typically if you reconnect the printer, the print job will still be in the spooler for that device. If when you reconnect the printer the job does not print automatically you go into the print properties for that printer, right click on the print job and click restart.

At this time there is no function to grab print jobs from one print queue and place them in another print queue.


Judd

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this answer helpful?

50+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-11-15T19:37:21+00:00

    Cobra Print Viewer will do this - www.cobraapps.com

    Runs on Windows and it will let you re-print and copy queued jobs, and move or copy queued jobs to another printer, even for a different printer model.

    Awesome!  I used this in a snap! Easier for me than trying to pick the port for my new printer.  My old printer isn't showing a port at all, so this download saved me!  I had 24 print jobs in my queue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-11-13T19:54:42+00:00

    Cobra Print Viewer will do this - www.cobraapps.com

    Runs on Windows and it will let you re-print and copy queued jobs, and move or copy queued jobs to another printer, even for a different printer model.

    I have/had two types of printers out if which one 'ghost' one not available any longer, when trying to transfer/print from the 'ghost' one to the TCP/IP network printer it wont work, even I do the changes to the existing print job i.e TCP/IP changes...do you guys have any other idea ?

    I have a direct connect printer at home and use network printers at school.  Changing ports doesn't work since only one is a network printer.  Cobra Print Viewer works.  Do you know of any free way to do this?  I need to install it on multiple computers - laptops, home and school computers.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-11-12T18:01:10+00:00

    So, now that they are sharing, and I was able to print.  How to I separate them back to their original ports?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-10-13T20:57:35+00:00

    One last real easy method to try that worked for me, certain scenario.

    I connected to my active network printer by typing the IP in the browser:  http://192.168.x.x

    Change the IP address of the network printer to be the same as the IP of the disconnected printer your print job is sitting in.

    Reboot the printer and the job should come right out.

    You can then connect to the old IP via http://x.x.x.x and set it back to the original setting.

    This took all of 30 seconds and will flush out all print jobs.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments