Move or copy a print job to another printer

Anonymous
2009-04-02T03:30:57+00:00

Is it possible to move or copy a print job to another printer?  My problem is I printer a few documents from the web to a printer that was offline (not plugged into my USB port).  Is it possible to move or copy those print jobs to another printer I have on my system?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-04-02T10:49:39+00:00

Hello mjpalm,

Typically if you reconnect the printer, the print job will still be in the spooler for that device. If when you reconnect the printer the job does not print automatically you go into the print properties for that printer, right click on the print job and click restart.

At this time there is no function to grab print jobs from one print queue and place them in another print queue.


Judd

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this answer helpful?

50+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-08-09T13:02:31+00:00

    So glad to hear my solution is helping people... from many years ago at that!

    Happy printing everyone! :]

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-08-09T11:47:36+00:00

    Daniel's reply works brilliantly. I would suspect it only works for similar printers or printer using same protocol.

    I was in process of installing a new network printer which managed to set itself to a local port and the default printer. I printed a pile of documents on it as the default printer before I realised it was not coming out on my old printer.  Changing the local port to the new printer IP address solved all my problems.

    Kevin

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-08-08T17:31:03+00:00

    This was an excellent work-around for me.  Thanks for the insight!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-06-21T20:54:57+00:00

    Great lateral thinking Daniel it worked for me...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments