Output to 2 sound cards Simultaneously

Anonymous
2010-02-08T01:06:27+00:00

I have many reasons why I would want to output to multiple sound cards simultaneously. I know I am not the only one who was this problem based on a couple quick bing searches. 

I would like to be able to output sound to multiple sound cards at the same time instead of having to switch the "default device" in the audio panel all the time I want them ALL to be the default device. I want to use my USB headset and my speakers at the same time. I know windows is capable of this because while one is playing I can "test" the other and they both play sound at the same time

As far as I know there is simply no setting for this. PLEASE HELP!

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-02-08T20:07:19+00:00

Hi,

Unfortunately this cannot be accomplished, as it is by-design,

Here only one device can be marked as default device, for more information follow these below steps.

  1. Click Start, type Sound in the Start Search box.
  2. Click Sound in the search results at the top of the Start menu.
  3. Click the Playback tab. Notice the check mark next to the default device.

As this is a by-design issue, there would be nothing much we can do from our end.

If you want to suggest change in the design here is the link you can refer to:  Microsoft Connect - Product Feedback and Bug Reporting | Microsoft...

https://connect.microsoft.com/dashboard/info/ 

Thanks and Regards:

I. Suuresh Kumar- Microsoft Support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forumand let us know what you think.

Was this answer helpful?

9 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-11-16T19:54:09+00:00

    Perfect utility

    I found you can fine tune the lag, I add 180ms to my main card and it stops my Bluetooth stuff from lagging behind and echoing

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-11-16T19:32:31+00:00

    JoshKJones Thank you for taking the time to do the brilliant replay. Like many I did a web search and found this page and my heart sank when I saw that an MS rep had replied, because usually they don't solve anybody's  problem or they say it's not a problem, or tell you that actually you don't want to do the thing you say you want to do. So appreciated.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-09-12T00:39:21+00:00

    My guess is that the version of Skype put in some extra coding work to enumerate all audio devices and then send the audio to every one. Windows programs probably can do this as well, but yeah, it's extra programming work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-05-17T14:05:47+00:00

    This is quite disgraceful. This is something that should have been built into the design of Windows 8, but NO! You give us the terrible tile home page which no one wants and try to force feed us **** that we don't want on Windows. No wonder the marked share of Microsoft has plummeted while you have lost Steve Ballmer. Your software for your products are a load of ****. Shown even by the Xbox One, Even Sony, a company that was struggling has surpassed you.

    Discraceful

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments