Output to 2 sound cards Simultaneously

Anonymous
2010-02-08T01:06:27+00:00

I have many reasons why I would want to output to multiple sound cards simultaneously. I know I am not the only one who was this problem based on a couple quick bing searches. 

I would like to be able to output sound to multiple sound cards at the same time instead of having to switch the "default device" in the audio panel all the time I want them ALL to be the default device. I want to use my USB headset and my speakers at the same time. I know windows is capable of this because while one is playing I can "test" the other and they both play sound at the same time

As far as I know there is simply no setting for this. PLEASE HELP!

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-02-08T20:07:19+00:00

Hi,

Unfortunately this cannot be accomplished, as it is by-design,

Here only one device can be marked as default device, for more information follow these below steps.

  1. Click Start, type Sound in the Start Search box.
  2. Click Sound in the search results at the top of the Start menu.
  3. Click the Playback tab. Notice the check mark next to the default device.

As this is a by-design issue, there would be nothing much we can do from our end.

If you want to suggest change in the design here is the link you can refer to:  Microsoft Connect - Product Feedback and Bug Reporting | Microsoft...

https://connect.microsoft.com/dashboard/info/ 

Thanks and Regards:

I. Suuresh Kumar- Microsoft Support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forumand let us know what you think.

Was this answer helpful?

9 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-10-07T19:22:18+00:00

    Go to Monoprice.com, buy an HDMI  splitter &  appropriate cords/adaptors & you are home free!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-10-07T18:46:47+00:00

    Actually; it's not broken as he stated; and it can't be fixed...

    Do you expect the people who designed Microsoft to come here and answer your question or a modest developer (who is almost like a messenger in this situation)?

    When he is saying it's "By design" it means that's the way things were made and the way they are; it's more simple then getting on and starting to "code some errors" to "fix" this problem.  Instead; it would be a whole new feature, which would require trial, error, money, etc...

    I'm speaking as modestly as I can for the Microsoft employee here, and I hope it helps you view his end.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-03-01T01:35:43+00:00

    I found better solution.

    go to:

    -playback devices (sound)

    -Recording

    right click and (show disabled devices)

    then enable "Stereo Mix"

    and set Stereo Mix as default

    right click to stereo mix

    properties and "Listen"

    mark "Listen to the device"

    and set "HDMI Output..."

    hit OK


    and VOILA

    It worked for me

    great solution man. THX. they should put this in windows FAQ :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-01-26T21:23:40+00:00

    I have not read all the other responses, but the easiest way to do this is, for me, is to use a splitter.  There are several types, all require power.  You can split and convert at the same time, to and from HDMI and the 3.5 mm jack or the L-R RCA connectors on a sound card.  One good source is Monoprice.com.  These gadgets are not all that expensive and they are absolutely reliable and require no setup except plugging them in.  Monoprice also has a variery of cords for connection of these devices.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments