Output to 2 sound cards Simultaneously

Anonymous
2010-02-08T01:06:27+00:00

I have many reasons why I would want to output to multiple sound cards simultaneously. I know I am not the only one who was this problem based on a couple quick bing searches. 

I would like to be able to output sound to multiple sound cards at the same time instead of having to switch the "default device" in the audio panel all the time I want them ALL to be the default device. I want to use my USB headset and my speakers at the same time. I know windows is capable of this because while one is playing I can "test" the other and they both play sound at the same time

As far as I know there is simply no setting for this. PLEASE HELP!

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-02-08T20:07:19+00:00

Hi,

Unfortunately this cannot be accomplished, as it is by-design,

Here only one device can be marked as default device, for more information follow these below steps.

  1. Click Start, type Sound in the Start Search box.
  2. Click Sound in the search results at the top of the Start menu.
  3. Click the Playback tab. Notice the check mark next to the default device.

As this is a by-design issue, there would be nothing much we can do from our end.

If you want to suggest change in the design here is the link you can refer to:  Microsoft Connect - Product Feedback and Bug Reporting | Microsoft...

https://connect.microsoft.com/dashboard/info/ 

Thanks and Regards:

I. Suuresh Kumar- Microsoft Support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forumand let us know what you think.

Was this answer helpful?

9 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2012-09-05T03:23:13+00:00

    Well, I remember some years ago, when windows 7 were at beta version, there was a bug in my installation and all soundcard played the same audio!! (both the internal and usb headset!)

    I thought then "WOW!!! Microsoft finaly made this work!!" becouse i thought it was intentional from them..

    But then, for my great dissapointment, after windows 7 launched officialy, the bug (or should i say feature?) disappeared..

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-02-28T17:01:21+00:00

    The VAC option might work for me, but I can't seem to configure it to work with Dolby Digital Surround Sound. Any clues? I set the Channel Config to use 5.1 Surround but it still only outputs 2 channel stereo even though VLC media player is using the Dolby Digital track. I'm using the S/PDIF optical cable to connect my system, so I cna only think that VAC is not handling the Dolby correctly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-02-10T17:24:58+00:00

    After a while I noticed there was still a little bit of lag between the devices even when they were set to realtime. I don't know if the software includes a kind of sync modification in milliseconds. Would be great.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-02-10T17:05:24+00:00

    Hi,

    with VAC, are the two output channels you create exactly in sync? or does your headsets for example play music a second or two earlier or later than your speakers (other device)?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments