By default the backup destination device / partition must have at least 30% more free space than the partition / hard drive you are trying to backup.
JS
Never be afraid to ask. This forum has some of the best people in the world available to help.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I've been trying for a long while to backup to a 1.5TB hard drive. I have my documents on my E: drive and my Windows 7 installation on my C: drive. Windows backup is set to backup my E: drive and also a system image to my backup I: drive. There's plenty of space on it - it's completely blank.
Every time I try to run Windows Backup, it almost completes, then at the last moment I'm told it's failed with error 0x81000001 - "an internal error", which isn't very informative.
I've run error checks on the backup hard drive and haven't found any problems. Also run sfc - no problems found.
Has anyone any suggestions?
Thanks.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
By default the backup destination device / partition must have at least 30% more free space than the partition / hard drive you are trying to backup.
JS
Never be afraid to ask. This forum has some of the best people in the world available to help.
Click Backup and Restore's Manage space option. In the Manage Windows Backup disk window, you will find information about the current backup destination.
JS
Never be afraid to ask. This forum has some of the best people in the world available to help.
Yes, but how is the information there useful to me in solving this problem?
Click Backup and Restore's Manage space option. In the Manage Windows Backup disk window, you will find information about the current backup destination.
JS
Never be afraid to ask. This forum has some of the best people in the world available to help.
Click Backup and Restore's Manage space option. In the Manage Windows Backup disk window, you will find information about the current backup destination.
JS
Never be afraid to ask. This forum has some of the best people in the world available to help.
I can open the Manage Windows Backup window, but what am I looking for in it?
Click Backup and Restore's Manage space option. In the Manage Windows Backup disk window, you will find information about the current backup destination.
JS
Never be afraid to ask. This forum has some of the best people in the world available to help.