It's a large uncompressed video file (.avi) used for intermediate rendering in video editing.
I don't believe that a system image would pick up these files since they're on a different partition.
Thanks,
Andrew
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I've been trying for a long while to backup to a 1.5TB hard drive. I have my documents on my E: drive and my Windows 7 installation on my C: drive. Windows backup is set to backup my E: drive and also a system image to my backup I: drive. There's plenty of space on it - it's completely blank.
Every time I try to run Windows Backup, it almost completes, then at the last moment I'm told it's failed with error 0x81000001 - "an internal error", which isn't very informative.
I've run error checks on the backup hard drive and haven't found any problems. Also run sfc - no problems found.
Has anyone any suggestions?
Thanks.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
It's a large uncompressed video file (.avi) used for intermediate rendering in video editing.
I don't believe that a system image would pick up these files since they're on a different partition.
Thanks,
Andrew
What is this 160GB file (.exe, .iso, .zip, ?)
I'm doing some testing on Backup and Restore for my next web page article and if I can I'll look into the problem for you.
JS
Never be afraid to ask. This forum has some of the best people in the world available to help.
Well I've never had to backup a single file that large. What I can tell you is that if the file is located somewhere in your 'Documents' folder it is Zipped and stored in a destination folder who's name is the same as your computer named. A second copy is stored in the System Image file.
Have you tried just a simple 'System Image' backup (option is located in upper left of Backup and Restore.
JS
Never be afraid to ask. This forum has some of the best people in the world available to help.
Can you do a copy and paste of this file 160GB from source location to the backup and restore destination?
JS
Never be afraid to ask. This forum has some of the best people in the world available to help.
Try either of these two product and see if you still have a backup issue.
Norton Ghost version 15 - has a 30 day trial available
http://www.symantec.com/norton/ghost
Supports: CDR/RW, DVD+-R/RW, Blu-Ray devices,USB and FireWire® (IEEE 1394) devices,Iomega® Zip® and Jaz® drives
(Trial does not allow you to create a Bootable Restore CD)
http://www.symantec.com/norton/downloads/trialsoftware/register.jsp?pvid=ghost15
User's Guide: ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/english_us_canada/products/ghost/15/manuals/ngh_15_user_guide.pdf
Acronis True Image 2011 - has a 30 day trial version available,
(Install Acronis and then create a Restore/Rescue Media CD before you start creating an image backup)
http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/
Version Comparison: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/comparison.html
True Image User Guides and documentation:
http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/download/docs/
JS
Never be afraid to ask. This forum has some of the best people in the world available to help.