Windows 7 won't print through Photo Viewer and Picture Manager.

Anonymous
2009-10-05T00:22:03+00:00

Every time I open a picture file with Windows Photo Viewer or Office Picture Manager and attempt to print, I get 4 message boxes that read, "Your pictures can't be printed because this error occurred".

There is nothing else but an OK button - not even an error ID.

The strangest thing is I can print anything with any other program just fine. Firefox, Photoshop, all of those print without a problem. It's only Photo Viewer and Picture Manager that do this.

Printer is an Epson RX595 with 64 bit drivers.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-10-09T09:45:34+00:00

My Office Picture Manager calls a dialog that has a dropbox to set the printer. If you can create a document image (*.mdi) you will know it's the printer driver that has a problem. 


Rating posts helps other usersMark L. Ferguson MS-MVP

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-01-17T19:24:06+00:00

    Hi,

    I had the 4 error dialogue box issue, and tried a number of things, re-install driver, delete ICC profiles...

    I did find that when I deleted the "Display" ICC profiles that colour management would let me, that when I tried again and got only 3 print error dialogues instead of 4, so slightly better.

    I then went onto the "Device" tab and noticed that under the "Windows Color System Defaults" pane in the "Device profile:" drop down I had an old scanner set as the device. I changed this to the "System default (sRGB IEC61966-2.1)" device and tried again.

    NO Errors, yeah.

    I would recommend people try this before deleting a load of ICC profiles. If the above doesn't work then try ICC as this is a quick choose profile from the drop down fix.

    Hope this helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2010-07-27T18:40:37+00:00

    Hi, I am having the same exact problem with Windows 7 , new computer, new printer. Everything has been working fine for about six months. Then suddenly Picture Manager quit printing. I know nothing about working with system files, so could you please walk me through step-by-step as to what you did? I downloaded the 5.1 photowiz.dll file that you mentioned, but I don't have a clue what to do with it now that I've got it!!

    btw, I also let my ink cartridges get really low before I changed them -- I saw where someone else did too. I also changed the cartridges, hoping that would fix the problem, but it didn't.

    Thanks for your help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-11-08T22:14:54+00:00

    I hope I've helped!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-05-06T04:56:59+00:00

    I had a similar problem and I found a fix it had something to do with the color I think because my pictures were in 32 bit and I'm running a 64 bit so what I did was I went to Control Panel > Display > Adjust resolution > Advanced settings > Color Management > Color Management. In the Device drop down window choose you're printer and check mark Use my settings for this device and in Profile selection: choose Automatic (Recommended) then close. These steps got rid of that error message for me and everything now works fine.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments