Windows 7 won't print through Photo Viewer and Picture Manager.

Anonymous
2009-10-05T00:22:03+00:00

Every time I open a picture file with Windows Photo Viewer or Office Picture Manager and attempt to print, I get 4 message boxes that read, "Your pictures can't be printed because this error occurred".

There is nothing else but an OK button - not even an error ID.

The strangest thing is I can print anything with any other program just fine. Firefox, Photoshop, all of those print without a problem. It's only Photo Viewer and Picture Manager that do this.

Printer is an Epson RX595 with 64 bit drivers.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-10-09T09:45:34+00:00

My Office Picture Manager calls a dialog that has a dropbox to set the printer. If you can create a document image (*.mdi) you will know it's the printer driver that has a problem. 


Rating posts helps other usersMark L. Ferguson MS-MVP

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2011-04-24T05:02:43+00:00

    System restore is really a very last option. I've had major issues with system restore.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2010-07-28T19:27:42+00:00

    Hi, Try doing a System Restore. I had a similar problem, I just didn't get the error message, but Picture Manager would not print my photos. I  did a System Restore back to a date before it quit, and it fixed the problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2010-04-05T03:26:17+00:00

    Indeed it did.

    Photowiz.dll was the fix for non-printing with a Canon MP130, using the MS Photo Viewer application.  Now the wizard appears, and the file prints.   Thanks for sharing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2010-01-07T19:11:46+00:00

    I too am having multiple printing problems since getting a new PC with Windows 7. Some applications print a document while others don't, so it's not the printer drivers per se. The same document (e.g. a tif file) will successfully print under some applications, but the same document and same printer will fail under other applications It seems to be a widespread problem, as I've seen multiple reports of the problem. Matt

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments