My Office Picture Manager calls a dialog that has a dropbox to set the printer. If you can create a document image (*.mdi) you will know it's the printer driver that has a problem.
Rating posts helps other usersMark L. Ferguson MS-MVP
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Every time I open a picture file with Windows Photo Viewer or Office Picture Manager and attempt to print, I get 4 message boxes that read, "Your pictures can't be printed because this error occurred".
There is nothing else but an OK button - not even an error ID.
The strangest thing is I can print anything with any other program just fine. Firefox, Photoshop, all of those print without a problem. It's only Photo Viewer and Picture Manager that do this.
Printer is an Epson RX595 with 64 bit drivers.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
My Office Picture Manager calls a dialog that has a dropbox to set the printer. If you can create a document image (*.mdi) you will know it's the printer driver that has a problem.
Rating posts helps other usersMark L. Ferguson MS-MVP
I believe it is a problem with the "photowiz.dll" file in system32. It is version 6.x.xxxx.xxxx. I found an older version of this file, had to change the attributes and permissions of the file to allow it to be changed. I renamed it with an "dlx" extension and then copied a version 5.1 photowiz.dll to system32 and the print wizard works again! The site I got the file from is:
I hope this helps!
I am getting this exact same error,
In Windows 7,
The following Programs are having this issue:
Windows Photo Viewer
Windows Live Photo Gallery
Microsoft Office Picture Manager
a brief description:
In any of these programs, i can view the document before printing it.
Click print button:
Generating Preview
[===========]
4 windows pop-up one after the other in very rapid squence each identical:
| Print Pictures Error |
| |
| Your pictures can't be printed because this error occured : |
| |
| |
yup that's right.. BLANK!
I did Windows 7 Reinstall.... (upgraded as deleting the data is waaay to tedious, and nope this didn't go away)
I did check printers, reinstalled printer drivers, tried other printers, no change.
Some help would be extremely appreciated.
Additional information, the Generating preview never actually gives me a preview of anything, it stays as is with the progressbar.
I had the same problem (multiple unhelpful error messages when trying to print) and resolved it by changing the Device Profile, under "Windows Color System Defaults" in the Advanced Color Management tab from "Black and White" to "sRGB virtual device model profile"
I believe I caused the problem the last time I printed. It was a black and white image, and I changed an option in the print dialog to reflect this. Apparently, that propagated to the system color management.
My company IT department tried doing a bunch of Windows Updates (including sticking me with the dreaded GWX, which I was able to remove) to no avail. I also tried the "downrev'd photowiz.dll fix, to no avail.
Another vote for Color Management configuration as the cause of this annoyance. Thanks for the help, folks.
Hi,
The only and simple solution for this problem is:
Delete the "wrong" profile in Windows display color management.
Right click on desktop / display resolution / enhanced settings / color management
Check if a profile is linked to display, if yes - delete this profile.
If not - click tab “all profiles”, sort by “class”, check which ICC profile is assigned to class “display”, delete this profile.
Sorry, I have a German Windows only and I don't know the exact expression for English settings.
I tried every solution to solve this problem - change photowiz.dll, reinstall drivers, ...
But I don't want to create a new user profile and copy all settings and data’s to the new profile.
This cannot be a real solution, because the cause is so trivial and the solution is so simple.