You failed to mention that "Tablet PC Optional Components " need to be enabled in the "Turn Windows features on or off " dialog box (left column) of the "Programs and Features " control panel. Even if you DO NOT have a tablet PC, this option must be checked to enable the Snipping Tool. I lost the Snipping Tool when I turned off these features on my PC.
Windows 7 Snipping Tool has disappeared
I just went to use my snipping tool and I can not find it anywhere. It was pinned to my desktop before. I can not find it in accessories, System32, or by searching. Any help would be appreciated!
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 additional answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2011-02-08T02:09:52+00:00 next ???
-
Anonymous
2011-02-08T02:09:26+00:00 yes
-
Anonymous
2010-11-28T03:24:45+00:00 I have found the snipping tool at the following locationC:\Windows\System32\SnippingTool.exe and by right clicking on it I have now pinned it to the start menu
wow, jomark, thanks for that!!! i dunno what happened to it but i found followed your path and there it was. right click and there were 3 options to pin it somewhere; pin it to the start menu, pin it to the task bar and send it to the desktop (create short cut). i did all three to make sure : ) but can't find it in the start menu so i unpinned it from there. fantastic little gadget, i was bummed when it disappeared.
-
Anonymous
2010-11-06T13:06:21+00:00 I cant find it on the support site to download so got the free screenhunter program. but would like to have the snipping tool. my w7 64 also is missing the tablet in acc too. not sure how removed but did use a win optimizer program that could of removed it.