Windows 7 Snipping Tool has disappeared

Anonymous
2010-03-14T21:57:26+00:00

I just went to use my snipping tool and I can not find it anywhere.  It was pinned to my desktop before. I can not find it in accessories, System32, or by searching.  Any help would be appreciated!

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-04-06T14:02:29+00:00

You failed to mention that "Tablet PC Optional Components " need to be enabled in the "Turn Windows features on or off " dialog box (left column) of the "Programs and Features " control panel. Even if you DO NOT have a tablet PC, this option must be checked to enable the Snipping Tool. I lost the Snipping Tool when I turned off these features on my PC.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2011-09-26T07:25:04+00:00

    so far I haven't gotten it back yet.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-07-22T16:32:12+00:00

    I have found the snipping tool at the following locationC:\Windows\System32\SnippingTool.exe and by right clicking on it I have now pinned it to the start menu

    I found it here too, Thanks Jomark!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-07-20T23:06:46+00:00

    This worked the best was to enter at the location listed above. Thank you So much for posting.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-02-21T23:46:23+00:00

    This is where I found mine too.  Had it pinned for quite awhile and then after doing my cleaning programs and a windows update, it was gone.  So had to repin it to task bar.  It was in Accessories when I first installed program, but then it disappeared after a windows upgrade and took me quite awhile before I found it's location.   Don't know what keeps making it go away.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments