How to remove the edge sidebar from Edge workspace?

Anonymous
2023-08-27T13:51:46+00:00

Hi.

I am using the latest stable version of Microsoft Edge (Version 116.0.1938.62 (Official build) (64-bit)).
I want to hide/remove the edge sidebar. It doesn't work in Edge Workspace.

I have been facing the error for the last 1 month. I have only encountered the problem in the workspace. When Microsoft Edge launched the Edge Workspace feature, this option worked well. But now, I can't remove or hide the sidebar in the workspace.

Microsoft Edge | Other | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-01-08T18:35:34+00:00

try edge://flags/#edge-workspaces-skype-entry-point and choose one of the options "Enabled" or "Enabled Hub chat icon" this adds one icon to the browser toolbar but removes the sidebar. It works for me on Stable and Dev versions

After this issue happening again, this fixed it for me. "Enabled Hub chat icon" is a bit less intrusive.

The old solution in which you needed to delete the workspace etc doesn't work anymore.

Was this answer helpful?

40+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-09-14T01:53:25+00:00

    Same here, stays on no matter what. I can see that clicking the hide/show button within the sidebar does toggle the option in settings, but has no effect on the sidebar.

    Only seems to affect workspaces on a personal account where the feature is still considered in preview. I was not having the issue previously when using the flag to enable workspaces.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-09-03T14:21:32+00:00

    Same issue. The setting to hide the sidebar has no effect. Skype keeps showing even when unpinned and disabled in edge flags. Maybe Skype is the issue?

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-08-27T17:14:11+00:00

    I submitted a report 7 day ago.

    Thanks for your response.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-31T21:25:17+00:00

    Based on the comment from Roberto Andrade1, he was able to remove the sidebar without removing the other workspaces doing the below:

    After messing with settings, uninstalling Skype, denying all permissions for skype.com I ventured into searching for other Skype-related Edge settings and found this other one (Entry point for skype in workspace) and just like magic as soon as you turn it on (it's Disabled by default), it fixes the issue for my existing workspace without the need to delete and create a new one!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments