How to remove the edge sidebar from Edge workspace?

Anonymous
2023-08-27T13:51:46+00:00

Hi.

I am using the latest stable version of Microsoft Edge (Version 116.0.1938.62 (Official build) (64-bit)).
I want to hide/remove the edge sidebar. It doesn't work in Edge Workspace.

I have been facing the error for the last 1 month. I have only encountered the problem in the workspace. When Microsoft Edge launched the Edge Workspace feature, this option worked well. But now, I can't remove or hide the sidebar in the workspace.

Microsoft Edge | Other | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-01-08T18:35:34+00:00

try edge://flags/#edge-workspaces-skype-entry-point and choose one of the options "Enabled" or "Enabled Hub chat icon" this adds one icon to the browser toolbar but removes the sidebar. It works for me on Stable and Dev versions

After this issue happening again, this fixed it for me. "Enabled Hub chat icon" is a bit less intrusive.

The old solution in which you needed to delete the workspace etc doesn't work anymore.

Was this answer helpful?

40+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-09-17T15:18:11+00:00

    Same issue, screen space is being wasted. Not able to disable the sidebar in workspace. Please look into it and fix in new update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-11T18:35:22+00:00

    this last update doesn't give us an option to disable the sidebar - HOW DO I GET RID OF IT?????? there are only options to customize.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-09-26T15:26:00+00:00

    Issue has been fixed for me on new workspaces. Disable Skype flag and create new workspace.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-09-19T14:58:34+00:00

    I am having the same issue with my Sidebar on workspaces as everyone else. This issue is not present on a "non-workspace" window. It appears this issue started after an update to Edge. I'm currently running Version 117.0.2045.31 (Official build) (64-bit).

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments