How to remove the edge sidebar from Edge workspace?

Anonymous
2023-08-27T13:51:46+00:00

Hi.

I am using the latest stable version of Microsoft Edge (Version 116.0.1938.62 (Official build) (64-bit)).
I want to hide/remove the edge sidebar. It doesn't work in Edge Workspace.

I have been facing the error for the last 1 month. I have only encountered the problem in the workspace. When Microsoft Edge launched the Edge Workspace feature, this option worked well. But now, I can't remove or hide the sidebar in the workspace.

Microsoft Edge | Other | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-01-08T18:35:34+00:00

try edge://flags/#edge-workspaces-skype-entry-point and choose one of the options "Enabled" or "Enabled Hub chat icon" this adds one icon to the browser toolbar but removes the sidebar. It works for me on Stable and Dev versions

After this issue happening again, this fixed it for me. "Enabled Hub chat icon" is a bit less intrusive.

The old solution in which you needed to delete the workspace etc doesn't work anymore.

Was this answer helpful?

40+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-12-01T01:03:41+00:00

    This solution worked for me, thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-29T08:56:11+00:00

    Please note my apology.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-29T08:46:39+00:00

    Yeah the title of this whole thread is for Edge Workspace. Not a regular edge window. So I'm glad it worked for you on a regular window but that's not the purpose of this thread and so it's a bit misleading to say it worked for you when it was in a completely different context that what is being talked about here. Makes us lose more time by double checking all the advices thinking it now works, when it actually doesn't for our case.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-29T03:50:09+00:00

    It worked for you in an Edge workspace window? Or just a regular Edge window? Cos on workspaces it definitely isn't working for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments