How to share Favourites between WorkSpaces in Edge browser?

Anonymous
2023-08-30T10:36:58+00:00

I am starting my migration journey from Chrome to Edge. One thing that caught my eye is workspace. Now I have many bookmarks that I want to open in WorkSpace which is not possible. I can not even copy paste bookmarks or import it in WorkSpace.

Is there a way to easily copy/sync or something Favourites from my account to Workspace?

Microsoft Edge | Profile, sync, and sign in | Android

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-01T10:31:07+00:00

    Workspaces are poorly integrated with favorites and one of the indications of that is that it's not possible to export per-workspace favorites ... exporting favorites gives you the "Favorites bar", as well as "Other favorites" and "Mobile favorites" (but those headers are omitted, leaving the favorites at the wrong tree level), but none of the workspace favorites. This also means it's impossible to do a round trip export/import.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-06-25T12:20:30+00:00

    It's typical Microsoft... simply embarrassing. The idea with the Workspaces is great. I now have 5 private workspaces (music production, health, etc). But I need the same favourites in all favourites bars because I need access to them at any time from any workspace (e.g. calendar). Why in God's name is this not possible? I had to search the net for how long before I found this thread, which has been discussing this for almost a year. Of course I can copy and paste each one into the other. But the favourites also change from time to time. I don't want to have to open all the workspaces every time and revise the favourites bar everywhere, if Microsoft would just add such a stupid little function that you can set a mark in favourites in which workspace it should be displayed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-13T20:25:48+00:00

    Also the fact that I can copy and paste these from window to window and not from the favorites manager is ridiculous as well. Why do we need to do this one at a time?

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-27T22:38:26+00:00

    Yes, this is an option, but you lose so much like for example the ability to drag and drop your link in the folder if this last one is available directly into your workspace into the favorites bar,

    It is just easier to add the option to synchronize or not your bookmarks across all your workspaces. Otherwise, these workspaces could be just useless for many people,

    For me, there is another option which consists of using the "OTHER FAVORITES" folder which appears for me in the latest version of Edge v127.0.2651.74 (Official build) (64-bit) (see the screen below) at the right end of the favorites bar. The folder is automatically synched. across all workspaceshttps://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/f5c31806-725a-4b49-9f26-1acc01abf843?platform=QnA&fud_access=hC1SxZhn7m%2FZQJkOIiOVstu10yTQgXS4A%2FDBzZTg8nbaCgIogkrcDydMeI5Y4za2dOqDdWtsG2JNS3E35V60i9TiGHR7STMpJHheeXuDvO8nwjUlqCBHhJ0NDvuYN7OSlUMaw%2FgCJV1pOvpYxsBzsImeQIi1Rb0NOxprOhactEBLU0OzQQzSDaI%2BsmqSHTS%2FefpBIFqe0sUHY%2BXBGq1xPrZnmsdnhFOFquWbQE92D7AQzK4hIYYQMLceGCcObxbB8xSgEKbaZ4aUDDpLst7FGajK7Q2jNqoqpOsWneWX8R61LqPQIn0xsn5iKPAf1TwtBbggUkCfInvyLIx8ar4jCNei%2BR5Ia%2Br7bn5Ratyc9eQs%2B5JZE0jJm0sTMkY0FlGiuB7%2Bp5hW%2BdHJVZ922wS61FsrpFNKy9NIOsEffvzA7Oo%3D ****

    To display the "other favorites" folder in the favorites bar in all your workspaces:

    • Open the favorites pages
    • Copy and paste all your favorites folders that are in the "☆ Favorites bar" into the "Other Favorites" folder

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-28T18:21:54+00:00

    I have found that if you create another folder with all your bookmarks "To Copy" then you can just Ctrl+drag from one browser or workspace to another. After that point its just moving the bookmarks out of the copied folder and rearranging.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments