How to share Favourites between WorkSpaces in Edge browser?

Anonymous
2023-08-30T10:36:58+00:00

I am starting my migration journey from Chrome to Edge. One thing that caught my eye is workspace. Now I have many bookmarks that I want to open in WorkSpace which is not possible. I can not even copy paste bookmarks or import it in WorkSpace.

Is there a way to easily copy/sync or something Favourites from my account to Workspace?

Microsoft Edge | Profile, sync, and sign in | Android

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-10-05T18:39:56+00:00

    These steps did not work for me. I imported my favorites to the workspace but there is no favorites button in the workspace

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-20T20:20:58+00:00

    Very disappointing that Microsoft Edge does not give the option to sync the Favorites Bar between Workspaces on the same profile. I get some may want/need different favorites bar for different workspaces, but you should give the option to sync them as well.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-12-14T17:19:05+00:00

    I suppose if I think about it that way I might like it. But I think about it as different views into my work, and all of those views need access to a common set of resources. I read your reply a while back and have tried for a month to adopt this POV, but I've had to give up. I'd invariably be in one workspace trying to find a link I'd saved from an email, only to discover it was in some other workspace. No idea which one, so the hunt began. (And then trying to maintain a synced list across workspaces is an admin nightmare: add it to one then copy, manually, to all the others, while having to scroll up/down in the favorites side bar for each copy. Just shoot me.)

    Workspaces simply don't work (for me) if they are completely isolated. I'm back to a single workspace and it took me 45 MINUTES to consolidate and dedup the favorites that I'd inadvertently added here and there. I'd previously used Chrome tab groups and may go back to that.

    What would serve both use cases: a single favorites list with checkboxes against each link/folder indicating which workspaces they appear in. And some way to indicate 'default', so that a new workspace gets the 'standard' set. No creating copies to share, no hunting all workspaces for the new link (it's the one in just the single workspace).

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-09-07T08:54:21+00:00

    Hello Tommy,
    will the folder be updated in both the workspace and original favorites folder when links or subfolders in either location are added?

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-04-15T18:51:16+00:00

    I think you may have misunderstood either the question or the functionality of favorites available within Workspaces. Currently, there is no option to sync your main Favorites bar to Workspaces. I would highly suggest everyone looking for this option to send feedback to Microsoft asking for the feature. If you don't know how to send feedback, here is how you do it:

    1. Click on the three dots in the upper right corner of Edge
    2. Select "Help and Feedback"
    3. Choose "Send Feedback"

    I know this is not the answer we've all been looking for but if enough people send feedback, hopefully Microsoft will listen. I have read that the devs know this feature has been asked for by quite a few so let's keep pressing them for an update!

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments