I need help with Edge quick links.

Anonymous
2023-01-28T18:43:16+00:00

* Related thread (locked)

Microsoft Edge Quick Links Keep Disappearing

My quick links just won't stop clearing themselves. I have tried turning on and off quick links and turning on and off custom mode, repaired and reset Edge, and cleared browser data. It still won't stop, and I haven't received any reply from my last report, so I am asking for more assistance. I am actually wondering if this is a new bug that will have to be fixed in the next browser update.

Microsoft Edge | Other | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-02-01T03:13:29+00:00

    Are your Sync Settings enabled in Edge Settings > Your Profile > Sync?

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/114967-enab...

    If so this can happen because it's syncing them to another device also using your profile. You can test this by turning them off.

    _________________________

    Linked tutorial is from a trusted Microsoft MVP

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-02-01T02:52:06+00:00

    Okay, thanks. I also forgot to mention that my favorites bar and bookmarks will clear themselves from time to time but not my history, so I am expecting my favorite to clear at some point, I don't know when though. The last time they somehow cleared themselves was about a few months ago. Don't know how long specifically.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-02-01T02:27:49+00:00

    At top right of any Reddit page click Sign in, then Continue with Google or Apply or Sign Up links.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-02-01T02:12:35+00:00

    Thanks for the help. I will try to figure out how to work without the quick links in the meantime. The one problem is, I don't know how I am going to make a reddit account.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-02-01T00:51:02+00:00

    Well, until this is fixed I'd save pages as Favorites from the star icon at right end of URL bar. You can even show the Favorites bar to have quicker access to them: https://www.live2tech.com/enable-favorites-bar-...

    I'd also post in the Reddit threads I just gave you that have fairly recent intervention from an Edge engineer and Product Group reps. So I have not only given you every possible fix that exists, I just connected you with an Edge engineer and Product Group reps who are stationed in Reddit and monitoring those threads.

    You've been amazing in your responsiveness and have done a lot, now I would put this directly where it belongs on the Edge team members. Keep me posted on your progress as I will be here to help until the case is resolved.

    ____________________________________________

    Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments